A few reasonable changes I'd like to see

Now I'm not going to go into any kind of weapon or balance changes. These are all minor with the exception of one.

I think that you should be able to switch hands you hold your gun or at least switch the camera to go over your left shoulder instead of right. A huge gameplay flaw that has been in the series since the first (and any other TPS game that doesn't have this feature) is that the camera is stuck going over the right shoulder. This gives people the advantage when they stick to rounding corners on the right. Many times, you will round a corner on the left and a guy will kill you before you can even see him. I don't agree with this and I think that you should be able to adjust your camera angle for these encounters

[

Concerning lag....this game runs off of a hit scan system. The one didn't (which is why there way a delay when firing) and I don't think the second one did either since it too lagged a lot. Hitscan is where if something happens on your screen, it happens in the game. If you hit the player in the head on your screen, their head officially comes off. It is the best solution to coping with the lag of online gaming but it has its flaws. There are several gameplay features that are brilliant on local or a LAN connection but don't work well with hitscan over and internet connection.

]

Number 1 is wallbouncing. I've had my character wallbounce straight through another character and they won't be stunned and I've also been about a roll's distance away and to the right of an enemy who wall bounced and I got stunned. He still had enough time to roll over to me and kill me before I could get away. What I suggest is that it should be removed. Instead, when you hit someone with a wallbounce, they are stunned like they are hit with a smoke grenade and still retain mobility and can roll away. This issue doesn't really have to do with hitscan but just the fact that it is broken with the way it is extremely inconsistent. Awesome idea. Failed Execution.

]

Another issue with lag is picking up a meatshield. I use meatshields all the time, especially when I'm dealing with multiple enemies. Too many times I have picked up a meatshield while being shot at, turned around the face my oppenent, shot at them a few times, and then went down. On my screen, their bullets were connecting with my meatshield while I fired back at them. On their screen, they are still shooting my back as I picked up the meatshield. I think to counteract this lag, epic should give a player a half second of invulnerability once a person picks up a meatshield.This will often times preserve a person in a sticky situation for a few seconds but I think a person that has a down deserves some kind of advantage over approaching enemies.

[

Grenades are another issue with lag. I've seen it so bad that a grenade literally explodes in mid air before it lands. Also, you may be out of range of a planted grenade explodes and still get killed. This is because the weapon is hitscan and you will be killed if you are in the blast radius on your enemy's tv, not your own. My suggestion is to make it so that grenades aren't hit scan or that its blast radius is decreased or that its fuse is slightly longer. At least increase the fuse of a planted grenade. Too many times I've been killed by a planted grenade that was 2 rolls away. That makes no sense.

]

My final suggestion is that spawns of King of the Hill need to be reworked completely. There are several rules the new system should play by. One, no team should ever spawn right next to the hill when the other team controls the hill. Two, if the hill is being fought over and nobody controls it, both teams need to spawn equal distance away (not one should spawn farther from the other. Three, a team cannot spawn in the same place the enemy has spawned for 3 cycles (45 seconds). Too many times on Thrashball, the hill has been somewhere outside and my team spawns up top by the mulcher. I go down to the mulcher, kill a few guys and 15 seconds later, enemies spawn behind me and they keep spawning behind me. When I get killed from behind, I spawn up top again and kill my nemisis from behind just like they killed me. It's not good for gameplay.

]

If you've read all of this, thank you. Whats your stance on these topics?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Also as a disclaimer, I've had Xbox Live for 7 years. My connection is fine. Do not tell me to get a better one.

Cry more.

I've only experience any of these lag problems you're referring to before I downloaded the new DLC. I really can't sympathize with you.

Nope, cant agree with anything you said. you're basically trying to nerf the game altogether to fit your needs, not the needs of others.

Also, why are you just walking around in a warzone? you should be taking cover at all times and move between cover, that fixes your camera angle "problem" because its been the over the shoulder angle since 1, not gonna change it and make it a cod.

[quote user="x sNe x JeNo"]Grenades are another issue with lag. I've seen it so bad that a grenade literally explodes in mid air before it lands. Also, you may be out of range of a planted grenade explodes and still get killed. This is because the weapon is hitscan and you will be killed if you are in the blast radius on your enemy's tv, not your own. My suggestion is to make it so that grenades aren't hit scan or that its blast radius is decreased or that its fuse is slightly longer. At least increase the fuse of a planted grenade. Too many times I've been killed by a planted grenade that was 2 rolls away. That makes no sense.[/quote]

I agree with you on this.  However, I have a problem with the Ink grenade more.  That thing is just way OP.

Lol so because you died from an ink, its op.

lol,  ink is the most under powered weapon in the game

By far. I remember it being a lot stronger in the beta. I hope he was being sarcastic when he made that reply.

I wasn't being sarcastic.  I just have the worst luck with the Ink grenade.  There could be a group of us standing together and someone would throw 1 and it would drop me 90% of the time and no one else..  Like I said, I just have the worst luck with them.