A Few Questions

Hey Battlefield fans,

I am brand new to the series (A COD defector if you will). I plan on downloading the Beta tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could give me a brief overview of the game?

Are there different game types TDM, CTF, etc? Different classes?

Lastly, do you have any tips for someone coming into this game/series ice cold?

Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Welcome!  a word of caution - Please don't base your opinion of the Battlefield franchise on your exposure  This is not a full demo, its a beta test build.  There is only one map, there are no vehicles, no full destruction of buildings, no other gameplay modes outside of Rush.  A detailed description can be found here:   cogitationalist.hubpages.com/.../Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Multiplayer-Game-Modes

Yes, this game blows. Stick to CoD.

Don't Listen to Proto, there is a different learning curved involved when playing a battlefield game don't just rush out in the open or you will die very quickly, use cover and check your surroundings. This is a beta NOT the final representation of the game so like Vibroluxor said please don't judge the game as such. The final game will have CTF (Conquest), TDM, Rush and a few other modes. The beta is only rush (my least favorite) but you will get used to it after some time.

Biggest advice I could give is to just give it some time don't play for 15 min rage and give up. Keep playing and you might just end up loving the game. Even if it is just the beta

this beta is not even a current build of the beta, because MS takes so long to cert games, we're using an outdated build of the beta that also is not running on max settings as well..

please don't let your first battlefield experience be the beta! I played last night, and it is VERY rough around the edges and contains NO VEHICLES - the single coolest thing about BF games!

Long story short, THIS BETA BLOWS!!

Keep that in mind, and then the endgame will be released, prepare for a atleast 600 hours of awesomeness

you got rush (like demolition), TDM, conquest (like domination) that are from BC2. I dont know if they are adding anything new gametype wise.

[quote user="Domuhnic"]

you got rush (like demolition), TDM, conquest (like domination) that are from BC2. I dont know if they are adding anything new gametype wise.

[/quote]

The main game modes that will be in the final game are as follows.

Rush(12v12)--demolition but you have 4 M-COM sites to destroy. these sites contain 2 M-COMS you have to destroy to advance.

Squad Rush(4v4)--same as above except you have two sites that have one M-COM each.

TDM(12v12)--supposedly like every other TDM out there.

Conquest(12v12)--kind of like domination but you will have 5 flag sites to capture.

Squad Deathmatch(4 squads of 4)--kind of like free for all but with squads.

And those will be the only MP game modes for this game. There will be the Back to Karkand map pack that if you pre-order you will receive for free when it becomes available. For more information, check out The BF3 Information Thread at the top of this forum.

Proto....ur just a hater of bf from seeing all ur posts .. wy r u even still in this forum???...  u havnt even played the full game yet?? have u even played the beta???(probly not cuz ur cod's *** it sounds like) cuz sounds like ur in here just to start lil comment wars u see on youtube.

Lol,Proto is laughing at all of you hating him.lol