A few questions

Just started Mass Effect 2 the other day (It had been sitting unplayed until I finished the first game) and I see the game has changed in several ways.

First I want to ask about the ammo abilities. Now they are no longer attachments to weapons, and are selected from the power wheel instead. If you select an ammo ability from a party member, will it only apply to them or can Shepard benefit from it too? Do the ammo abilities run out after a while or do they stay in place until you switch weapon?

I was also wondering about the Cerberus network. I remember it saying something about having an EA account, but it went ahead without mentioning setting one up. It is possible the same email I use for my Xbox Live account was the same one I used to set up an EA account. If you used the same email does it automatically link, or did I somehow bypass the need for an EA account? I possibly made one a while ago, I cannot remember.

Can you still use medi-gel to heal teammates mid-battle? So far I've only seen it being used for reviving them when they are down.

Finally I wanted to know whether anyone had tips on controlling by squad during battle. A couple of times I've seen them standing in the open and they are soon killed. In ME1, I just let them do whatever they wanted but it would be nice to be more tactical.

Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="OmegaRob3rt"]First I want to ask about the ammo abilities. Now they are no longer attachments to weapons, and are selected from the power wheel instead. If you select an ammo ability from a party member, will it only apply to them or can Shepard benefit from it too? Do the ammo abilities run out after a while or do they stay in place until you switch weapon?[/quote]To begin with the ammo ability will only apply to the squad member that has it. If you upgrade the ability to level 4, you get the optioj to pick a more powerful version, or a version which can be shared to all squadmates. Ammo types stay active for the remainder of the mission, unless your squadmate dies.

[quote user="OmegaRob3rt"]I was also wondering about the Cerberus network. I remember it saying something about having an EA account, but it went ahead without mentioning setting one up. It is possible the same email I use for my Xbox Live account was the same one I used to set up an EA account. If you used the same email does it automatically link, or did I somehow bypass the need for an EA account? I possibly made one a while ago, I cannot remember.[/quote]If you've previously linked an EA account to your gamertag for any previous game, it'll auromatically find it.

[quote user="OmegaRob3rt"]Can you still use medi-gel to heal teammates mid-battle? So far I've only seen it being used for reviving them when they are down.[/quote]You can buy/find upgrades which will evolve medi-gel so that you can replenish both health and shields, but you need to have recruited the professor so that you can research upgrades on the Normandy.

[quote user="OmegaRob3rt"]Finally I wanted to know whether anyone had tips on controlling by squad during battle. A couple of times I've seen them standing in the open and they are soon killed. In ME1, I just let them do whatever they wanted but it would be nice to be more tactical.[/quote]Using left/right on the d-pad will send that squadmate to the place your reticle is aimed, but the quickest way to make sure they head for cover is to press down on the d-pad so that they form-up on your position.

Thanks for the help! In regards to the EA account, I think I set one up to play the Medal of Honour beta, so this is probably how it linked

Thanks again