A few questions regarding install, pausing, cancelling and downloading

So last night I installed dead rising 3 to about 75% then got a invite to battlefield 4 from a friend.     So I paused the install.   ejected the disc. played bf4 for a few hours, then before going to bed, i put dead rising 3 back in and the xbox to low power state.     when i awoke the dashboard booted up instantly.   but the game was still stuck at 75% install but said it was playable.    I was having horrible freezing issues so I backed out and cancelled install and I can't remember but may have deleted the install or cancel made it start from 0% again.    anywho.  it worked fine after this.   so this leads me to my questions.

1.   Does the xbox one download game updates while in low power state?   because the light flashes for a bit then shuts off completely.  or must I leave the xbox on

2.   Forza 5 has a 6gb update.    I have 1.5 MB internet so this is going to take awhile.    What is the proper way of downloading this update when im in bed and when I want to swap discs to play a different game? or must I leave the game in until it completes?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

[quote user="Big Red Husker"]

So last night I installed dead rising 3 to about 75% then got a invite to battlefield 4 from a friend.     So I paused the install.   ejected the disc. played bf4 for a few hours, then before going to bed, i put dead rising 3 back in and the xbox to low power state.     when i awoke the dashboard booted up instantly.   but the game was still stuck at 75% install but said it was playable.    I was having horrible freezing issues so I backed out and cancelled install and I can't remember but may have deleted the install or cancel made it start from 0% again.    anywho.  it worked fine after this.   so this leads me to my questions.

1.   Does the xbox one download game updates while in low power state?   because the light flashes for a bit then shuts off completely.  or must I leave the xbox on

2.   Forza 5 has a 6gb update.    I have 1.5 MB internet so this is going to take awhile.    What is the proper way of downloading this update when im in bed and when I want to swap discs to play a different game? or must I leave the game in until it completes?

[/quote]

1. Game updates at first are part of the installation process, I'm not sure if the Xbox will reflect that for future updates on games which are already installed to your console. The Support page on system updates would suggest that it would do downloads while in a low power state (it checks automatically).

2. Game installations do not occur in a low power state, you'll need to leave it in your console, and on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok so if I have forza installing now and want to play bf4 or dr3 before i go to bed tonight.  is it safe to pause installation and swap discs?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.