a few ?'s

1. so im going to pick this up but havent played the 1st arkham asylum was wondering is it best to play through the 1st and follow the story all the way through and then start on arkham city?

2nd: is it content filled like a long lengthy campaign with lots to besides the main story like collectibles is the combat system deep etc etc

3. is it very open worldish not so vastly open like a GTA or red dead typical rockstar type sand box games but big enough to vere off and explore in an have some fun with

thx alot i appreciate any help i can get on this main reason so many ?'s is i just got back into console an looking for some great games to play

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

u dont need to play the first one but would defo recommend it and can pick it up 4 about £10 now

the campaign is about 12 hrs long but the riddlers quest and some of the side missions make it last alot longer and it has the best combat system in any game it so fuild once u get use to it.

its not what u call a typical sandbox game u can follow the story or just fly around the city doing what u like.

basically this is one of the best action/adventure games u can get if not the best.  

The first game is much easier to get into to begin with,the second can be very overwhelming if you don`t know what you are doing.

the main missions run out very quick after a hectic start but the trophy collecting will keep you banging your head for days.

[quote user="uncivil82"]

1. so im going to pick this up but havent played the 1st arkham asylum was wondering is it best to play through the 1st and follow the story all the way through and then start on arkham city?

2nd: is it content filled like a long lengthy campaign with lots to besides the main story like collectibles is the combat system deep etc etc

3. is it very open worldish not so vastly open like a GTA or red dead typical rockstar type sand box games but big enough to vere off and explore in an have some fun with

thx alot i appreciate any help i can get on this main reason so many ?'s is i just got back into console an looking for some great games to play

[/quote]I highly recommend playing Arkham Asylum first. Not only because it's a fantastic game, but because Arkham City is almost like a continuation of the story from the first game. Several things about AA are referenced in the AC story and you'll be able to understand it better and it'll make more sense to you when you come across those moments in the new game because AC is almost a little overwhelming with how much more content it has going on in it. 

I also wouldn't want you to miss the Scarecrow scenes in Arkham Asylum, very cool and very memorable imo.