A false charge for Points.

Last week I was charged for 6000 MS Points by someone who had gotten onto my account from another Xbox. I have not used the points and they have stopped getting into my account, but I was wondering something. I contacted my method of payment that I use for XBL purchases, and they have gone to work in order to refund my account the charge. Assuming that I get that refund, not from Microsoft but from my method of payment, what should I do with the points? Are they permanently there, and mine to keep? Or will they be removed once I get refunded? I only ask this because I do not wish to make use of MS Points that I myself did not purchase, unless I get consent from XBL saying I am allowed to do so.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello,

If those MS Points were legally paid by another XBL Player, you have those MS Points legally on your account and they're yours now.

A code, for example 6000 MS Points, once activated, couldn't be deactivated.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

But the thing is, I'm getting a refund from my payment method. Wouldn't that be like not paying MS at all?

Sorry this didn't help.

you should call support and open an unauthorized access ticket and let them know what is happening through your card provider.  This way you have a reference number for future.

Sorry this didn't help.