A couple of problems I need an opinion on

Hello all,

I have a couple potential issues with my 360 I would like to get an opinion on.

1. Sometimes while playing games (particularly NFS: Hot Pursuit and Dance Central 3) the sound hiccups occasionally and its very odd. My other friends have never had this problem and it's starting to become present on other games as well and its starting to concern me as this problem was not present before.

2. Sometimes when I hit the power button to power the console off there's a delay and I notice that the green light on the power button pulses a few times (I have the slim model) before finally powering off. This only happens sometimes though. I saw somewhere that if this happens I need to request a console repair but the console itself still works fine.

Is there anything I can do to solve either of these problems? Should I look into a repair for problem #2? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Your second problem is not a problem at all. Your xbox syncs it saves and profile with the cloud after you turn it off, ant the green light will flash for a while. The same thing happens if you're doing a background download. It's supposed to be like that, and no reason for concern:-)

Your first question may be due to several reasons. Do you have your xbox connected to a surround system? Please provide some more information, and hopefully someone here will be able to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had similar problems with my sound mine is from the xbox getting to hot make sure it is a well vented area with lots of circulation

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you! What a relief that #2 isn't an issue. As far as my sound setup goes it is a 7 channel surround sound although I do notice that my xbox does get rather hot sometimes when I play. Perhaps I need to find a better area to place it!

Sorry this didn't help.

yes try to get an intercooler you can usually find them for 20$ p.s. make sure your xbox is in anopen space so it gets good airflow

Sorry this didn't help.

Intercoolers are not advised, and the use of one will void all warranties. They have caused more damage than good over the years.

Just make sure your console is in a well ventilated location. Don't put it inside an entertainment cabinet. As long as it has breathing room it may seem to get very hot but it will be ok.

Sorry this didn't help.