A change of heart?

I constantly read negative opinions about games i consider to be good, now i understand it's simply people's opinions, are there any games that you once considered "garbage" that you now like.

An example of this would be Resident Evil 6, when it first came out there was a lot of hatred towards the game, but recently i have noticed a few of those people that initially posted negative comments about the game have now played it, and one has mentioned he/she actually enjoyed the game.

So has this ever happened to you with any game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope.  Unless there is something i am forgetting then nope. Now if we are talking about games you were looking forward too, and then became negative, heh heh, oh boy...

I knew you were going to make a thread like this. Yes, I said I thought RE6 was crap. I played the demo twice and didn't like it, but something made me think about it again. I went to the store and saw it on sale so I bought it and I am enjoying it. I am only on Leon's campaign so far so I can't comment on the others, but so far so good.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!
[quote user="brandiesel1"]

I knew you were going to make a thread like this. Yes, I said I thought RE6 was crap. I played the demo twice and didn't like it, but something made me think about it again. I went to the store and saw it on sale so I bought it and I am enjoying it. I am only on Leon's campaign so far so I can't comment on the others, but so far so good.

[/quote]lol, i didn't name you, but i did have you in mind when creating this thread and a chap that posts on the BO2 forum too, he was an avid CoD hater and has recently posted his "change of heart".

For the record i dislike THQ very much, but my son bought Darksiders II against my advice and i have to admit it's not a bad game...

Halo, Yep, i didn't like the look of Halo, I preferred, (and still do really) Shooters grounded in reality, One of the reasons I like the Conflict series and the Tom Clancy games so much, they put the game in the near future and use Tech that is currently in development. I like Bioshock because it does have Steampunk Vibe to the Weapons and the setting in the game

Then I bought Halo 3 on a whim, when I wasn't originally going to get it. And I enjoyed it, it's still not as good as Reach or ODST, but it was a bit better than 4.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

Halo, Yep, i didn't like the look of Halo, I preferred, (and still do really) Shooters grounded in reality, One of the reasons I like the Conflict series and the Tom Clancy games so much, they put the game in the near future and use Tech that is currently in development. I like Bioshock because it does have Steampunk Vibe to the Weapons and the setting in the game

Then I bought Halo 3 on a whim, when I wasn't originally going to get it. And I enjoyed it, it's still not as good as Reach or ODST, but it was a bit better than 4.

[/quote]I have gone the other way, i was a fan of the Halo games, but after playing Halo 4 for a couple of months i have come to despise the game as such, the game itself is very good, probably the best in the series with regards to the multiplayer, but for me it's the Matchmaking is what spoils the game, far to laggy for my liking, other than that it is actually a good game...

I bought Mass Effect and Bioshock on the someday and thought both where meh. I got an achievement said these games are just not that good so I gave up on them. Later on that year I started wanting to get my gamer score up I gave both another chance. Because each one made me play it through a second or third time to 100% the achievements I started to like the games and enjoyed them more because of the multiple play throughs.

[quote user="WILK0"][quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

[/quote]I have gone the other way, i was a fan of the Halo games, but after playing Halo 4 for a couple of months i have come to despise the game as such, the game itself is very good, probably the best in the series with regards to the multiplayer, but for me it's the Matchmaking is what spoils the game, far to laggy for my liking, other than that it is actually a good game...

[/quote]I found the Campaign for Halo 4 to be lacking, I expected something new, a new enemy and therefore a new plot, but while the enemy was new, the plot was just a rehash. And killing the knights wasn't fun, it was just a  tedious grind of headshot after headshot until they disintergrated. ODST and Reach stand out because the story is not a rehash of the first halo like 3 and 4 were.

[quote user="BIGB EC"]

I bought Mass Effect and Bioshock on the someday and thought both where meh. I got an achievement said these games are just not that good so I gave up on them. Later on that year I started wanting to get my gamer score up I gave both another chance. Because each one made me play it through a second or third time to 100% the achievements I started to like the games and enjoyed them more because of the multiple play throughs.

[/quote]I have bought the original Mass Effect three times now, i did not like it the first two times and enjoyed it more the third time, so that can probably count as a change of heart for me too.

Fallout 3. I got this after the broken disc tray update back in 2011 from Games on Demand just to have something to play until I could get a new Xbox. I really disliked it compared to New Vegas. To me the game didn't feel right, maybe it was the karma system or emphasis on the subway system. Until about 3 weeks ago I was never going to finish this game. Then slowly the more and more I played the more I liked it.

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

Fallout 3. I got this after the broken disc tray update back in 2011 from Games on Demand just to have something to play until I could get a new Xbox. I really disliked it compared to New Vegas. To me the game didn't feel right, maybe it was the karma system or emphasis on the subway system. Until about 3 weeks ago I was never going to finish this game. Then slowly the more and more I played the more I liked it.

[/quote]I loved Fallout 3 despite the many many random crashes i had, have not played New Vegas yet due to the many problems other users reported with the game, i'm hoping that will be a future "change of heart" for me.