A bit - meh?

Played the demo,hardly inspired me to rush out and buy it.

yes its probably the best racer out there and yes it looks great and plays great  and no doubt will be full of new cars,track etc,

but still its a bit dull,don`t you think?

i understand there is only so much you can do with a racing game but can it possibly be a full price release with 6 dlc packs in the pipeline already ,when its basically just a small update to the previous two games?

i probably will buy it but not on release day,can`t justify the expense when i own the first two games already.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To me it's a vast improvement, specifically in the handling of the cars, more so when using the wheel, the feedback is fantastic now, the car feels like it's on the edge when you push it hard and sliding the Ferrari is a feeling all of it's own!

I agree even with controller, feals much more realistic, especially when you turn off traction control

I just tried it myself and it's definitely different from 3.

The Ferrari on the Swiss track felt a bit "floaty" but maybe it's because of the cold asphalt, dunno.

I think the game is head and shoulders above 3.  Can't wait!

The game is a lot more fun with all the difficulty settings up.  I find myself smiling now when I'm driving the Ferrari and it steps out and finally you can drive a RWD car without traction control on.  Also now you can lean or bump somebody and neither of you spin out.  This game seems to be far ahead of F3, but I wish they through in different game controls for the demo cause I hate shifting with b and x.

the "realistic" steering setting is awesome with a controller,  it has a much better feel to the overall driving.  and all settings off is always the best and even better now.

I thought the demo was fantastic.

Everything about it seemed better than previous games, the handling/feel of the cars, the looks, the sounds, really cannot wait untill release now.

Awesome game is Awesome!

[quote user="MCGREGAH"]

The game is a lot more fun with all the difficulty settings up.  I find myself smiling now when I'm driving the Ferrari and it steps out and finally you can drive a RWD car without traction control on.  Also now you can lean or bump somebody and neither of you spin out.  This game seems to be far ahead of F3, but I wish they through in different game controls for the demo cause I hate shifting with b and x.

[/quote]

Yep, I hate that as well. My favorite set up is to use 'B' as  the clutch, LB as downshift and RB as upshift. 

I like to us the Right Thumber to shift with it feels more natural to me. flick it up or down.