$700 Consoles?

Is it possible next generation consoles will surpass the $700 mark.If Microsofts console requires a mandatory install of retail games I expect at least a 1 terrabyte hard drive.Then you have to add in a blue ray player and a more advanced kinect .Thats about 3 or 4 hundred bucks before you even get to the console itself.We know its going to be more powerful but how much more and at what price.And what if they throw in some vr glasses.We know Microsoft and Sony have been working on this technology and Sony may unveil theirs.Sony said the reason they havent shown their new console is because they didnt want to give away the surprise.Its supposedly something thats clearly visible from just looking at their console.If its not a camera its probably a vr headset.How much would that up the price?I think the initial batch of consoles could surpass the 700 dollar mark and could be closer to 1000 dollars.What do you think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No,it will be around $400-$500, to be competitive.

Although I'd pay the exchange rate in pounds sterling £460 = $700 I doubt the next Xbox will be priced that high

won't be, consoles are sold at a loss sometimes pretty big losses, the ps3 costs like $1000 to make when it launched at $600, and I am pretty sure sony learned that it shouldn't do that again.

chances are most expensive console will be $550 for the ultra premium epeen edition.

I won't pay more than 400, even then I would wait until its 300 or less.

Who wants to pay $700 for an entertainment hub.

The Neo Geo was. In 90's money too...

Thats like 2000 dollars todays money

$700 is too cheap. Might not be reliable at that price. I'd rather pay $10 Bajillion, and get my money's worth.

$700-$1000?!  At that price just buy a PC.

wasnt the PS3 599 at launch?