June 23rd marks the beginning of the end for Bungie and Halo. This was just posted:
[quote user="Bungie"]This is the year that we say goodbye to Halo, but though the thought of our absence from this universe may bring a salty tear to your twinkling eye there is much to celebrate. So much in fact that we're tearing ourselves away from the
blazing fires of our development forge to put the last two decades of Bungie's existence into proper perspective. It is, after all, the 20th anniversary of our studio and nearly the 10th anniversary of the game series that thrust us straight into the public's
Beginning on June 23rd, and running through the close of Bungie Day on July 7th, we'll be celebrating the last twenty years the only way we know how - by giving you, the best -blam!- community on the planet, all the parting gifts we can muster.
Here are 7 reasons you should come out and celebrate with us this year:
- Because Blue Flames aren’t just for Bungie Employees or fans with iPhones. We’ll be turning on Blue Flames and the Bungie Nameplate for every last one of our loyal fans. (Kids, do try this at home.)
- Because we just built a brand-new and totally free community iPhone app to keep you connected...and entertained!
- Because we're going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what Bungie Aerospace is all about.
- Because a collection featuring some of our rarest and most treasured personal Halo artwork will be up for auction, with all profits going to charity through a partnership between Child's Play and the Bungie Foundation.
- Because the Bungie Store is going to be packed with Swag Sacks containing random, but totally kick @@@ swag, limited run commemorative t-shirts, and amazing commissioned posters from a handful of incredible artists, with all profits also going straight to charity.
- Because on Bungie Day we'll be throwing down in a 24-hour Bungie vs. the World No Holds Barred Halo: Reach Marathon where we'll be making the promise of Steaktacular a certified beefy reality. You steak us. We'll steak you. Seriously, we're going to mail any team who beats us by 20 kills of more on Bungie Day a Grade-A cut of steak (gift cards for international players) while supplies last.
- Because you've been just as much a part of this incredible twenty years as we have, and we simply couldn't bear it if you didn't show up and help us celebrate our anniversary and help send our Halo baby out with one hell of a bang.
The festivities begin on June 23rd and conclude as the final hours of this year's Bungie Day, July 7th, come to a close. If you don't show up, we just won't know what to do with ourselves, and we definitely won't know what to do with this ViDoc we've been slaving over for the last two decades.
See you soon. BYOB. ONYC.
Blue flames and stars for all! This is going to be great!