60 Second Probation

Since the update this weekend 60 second probations have been popping up like crazy (for me and my friends). 

- In a game (I was not host) and got the Server Disconnect message and when I was booted out I got the 60 second time out.
- Numerous host migrations have given me, and friends in my party, this 60 second probation.

- This one tops them though... I was is my PRE-game lobby with 3 friends and my buddie tried to join us.  He couldn't, so we had him host and we all moved over there.  As soon as I get into his lobby, a 60 second probation pops up.  WTF??

At first, I thought, 'OK, this is BS for getting probation, but it's only 60 seconds', but after it keeps happening, it gets pretty frickin annoying!

I appreciate the effort being put in by the developers to cut down on dashboarders, but this latest update is a little too probation happy.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm still getting them, just 5 mins ago

I havent played much this past week, so I dont know from personal experioence. But I do know that since MaTks said it was fixed the complaints here have dropped to nearly 0.

I've seen it posted that we need to take a hit to stop dashboarders....  Well, I see just as many people leaving as ever..  So, while you're saying its only 1 minute for a good cause, they're saying its only 1 minute so who cares.  Now for my point, most dashboards are rage quits, so the whole probation thing doesn't phase them.

No I have the one that takes the cake: I had just 2nd prestiged, and played an awesome game of Demolition, got up to Level 7, then on my way back into the lobby, it shorted out, said "server is not available".  Not only was I put on probation, but the entire game was voided, like it never even registered - I was back to Level 1 2nd prestige.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

So how is Twitter an official channel and not Xbox.com? I can understand the Treyarch site being the place to go but not Twitter. Sounds like they don't want to answer of the tough questions...

[/quote]

Well, you tell me how many people can read whatever Treyarch has to say about their game on Xbox.com, Mr. Executive Social Media Manager. Think a little before shooting off your mouth.

As for the "don't want to answer tough questions" argument is severely flawed. There's a place for that, which I mentioned in my previous post. I suggest you read it again.

So how is Twitter an official channel and not Xbox.com? I can understand the Treyarch site being the place to go but not Twitter. Sounds like they don't want to answer of the tough questions...

[/quote]

Aw, come on. You've been around here long enough to know what happens when devs hang out here too much. It winds u just nbeing a bunch of name calling, accusations, demands etc....   Mat comes here enough to pass along info without getting caught up in all the crap. If you need him, just call his name and he shows up briefly

Some of us appreciate having someone we can talk to, but most just want someone to lash out at.  Jonas probably has a point about here. That may not be the case on the cod forums, but those people over there have anger issues. I dont even like going there. It just makes me angry too.

Because Treyarch have chosen to use twitter and not xbox.com. No other reason is required.

-

Also, I am fairly sure there is something in the TOS on xbox.com that prevents advertising (unless paid for and sanctioned by MS). Although not 100% sure on that one....

Thanks for the info. I wonder, whatever happened to the Game Developers having a presence in the forums? Why should we have to check Twitter to find this out?

[/quote]

I've said it once and I'll say it again for the last time (way too many ungrateful people in this community) if you want OFFICIAL CoD information, you check the OFFICIAL channels: CoD forums & Infinity Ward and Treyarch's Twitter accounts. Official info might also be released via their community managers (IW: Tina & Candice; 3ARC (unofficial): Vonderhaar)

Matt Scronce (that's MaTtKs, a regular here, by the way) is under NO obligation to release official information or take feedback from these forums.

Because they dont have to answer the "Hard questions" in detail imho.

Going on the forums means a comprehensive disucssion will ensue, which they do not want I reckon.