6 v 6

Anyone else really like this idea?    Having more players "seems" like a good idea in theroy.  But as I experince it more and more in games like battlefiled 4, its frusterating.  

If you only have your squad of say 4 players, and everyone else is sniping in the back, you cannot win.   With 6 v 6 its going to be easy to fill a side with just your buddies, and if you lose, you lose, you know who's fault it is.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I wasn't looking for something with the same amount as BF4.  But with it being on a next gen console, capable of supporting large lobbies.  I was hoping for something more tactical minded.  Maybe 10-12 on each side, especially with the friend's list going up to 1,000.  You are going to have no problem on some games finding people to play with.

To be fair its only max 6 v 6 in terms of human players.  Remember each player can have a Titan which can be put on autopilot when your not in it.  Also this figure doesn't take into account bots.  So in actuality you could have 12 v 12 (if everyone has an active Titan on autopilot).

Also the developer says they tested having an increased player count but that 6 v 6 resulted in the better and more balanced matches.  To be honest considering this is coming from the developers of COD4 and keeping in mind Ive developed zero games I have to bow to their better judgement.

playing against bots is so old school not wot I expected from a  next gen console , playing against bots on a hoard mode in game is one thing but this should be at least an 8vs8 game, and 12vs 12 would be so much better I think

From those who played the game described I think 6v6 is fine.

those who got to play it played 12v12 from what i herd, they downgraded it due to their bf4 flop

I'm not positive but I'm sure they've said it was 6v6 when those lucky fans got to play it. It definitely seems like more with all the stuff going on (Titans, AI, wall jumping, etc).

I trust that dev team....but the awesome trailer they revealed appeared to have 2 to 3 times as many players.

I love the idea of 6v6 for a game like this. Titanfall is a true next-gen game in the sense that it combines singleplayer and multiplayer. It's just like The Division exept that game is an RPG. From what I heard, with the combination of human players, bots, and titans, matches will basically be 24v24. You also have to take map size into consideration. It's like playing a 6 person co-op campaign where the enemy team is partly made up of people doing the same thing. It's about time we see some change in multiplayer FPS and Titanfall looks to be just that!

[quote user="ThankOurTroops"]

I love the idea of 6v6 for a game like this. Titanfall is a true next-gen game in the sense that it combines singleplayer and multiplayer. It's just like The Division exept that game is an RPG. From what I heard, with the combination of human players, bots, and titans, matches will basically be 24v24. You also have to take map size into consideration. It's like playing a 6 person co-op campaign where the enemy team is partly made up of people doing the same thing. It's about time we see some change in multiplayer FPS and Titanfall looks to be just that!

[/quote]But your reasoning and understanding of the game is why I am afraid that it it will not succeed. The game will have a core crowd that will religiously play this game, which is great. But it also means that online and online is what this game is mainly about and and played on will be stale. To many servers and little gamers. Matches half full and games that take for ever. . . The game is relying on the gamers to really make it what it is and push it to the max. To help push this game to its best the community will need to be heavily involved. Mixed with the AI variant the game might become repetitive especially if the sane players are always online. The game has a great recipe for success and disaster! I want to be so part of this games beginning and growth, but there are many variables in the mix that bring up more negative worries and questions out of me as you all see. . . To preorder or not preorder?

wow....6v6 huh?....how ''groundbreaking" .....way to showcase the capability of the new console M$ ...heh....this game is gonna tank man...it's being released in February....thats typically the time of year when game devs release gems like  Lost Planet, Bulletwitch or Vampire Rain .....game already has ED