$50 off Kinect when ME3 is preorder at gamestop

I notice that an offer is being made at gamestop where if you preorder ME3 you can get $50off a kinect system. Below is the exact quote from my powerup rewards dashboard menu:

"Get $50 off a Kinect™ Sensor

Take Earth back. Get access to your special weapon, Kinect™, to fight the Reapers.

Pre-order Mass Effect 3 at GameStop, and when you pick up the game between Monday, March 6, and Sunday, March 11, receive $50 off a Kinect™ sensor.

Pre-order Today! Or visit your local GameStop store for details!"

How long will this offer last for those who have already preordered at gamestop?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Looking at the Sunday paper and apparently this is not just at Gamestop.  Several other places are lowering price of Kinect with ME3 purchase.

Trying to give those things away....

yes, because microsoft is so desperate to sell kinect. the only reason they're doing this is to try and fix the kinect's group gamer / childish image and prop it up next to a huge core game like mass effect.

With the much touted "Kinect 2" on the horizon, expect these "outdated" modules to drop further in price as the year rolls on, one of the main reasons that I'm holding off buying one right now...:-)

how do you figure a kinect is anywhere near announcement? it's only a year or two old and still selling like gangbusters. if anything, it'll probably be announced next to the xbox 3 in one or three years.

Not only at gamestop, but I noticed that at Future Shop, if you buy the Kinect w/ Kinect adventures for $150, you get Mass effect 3 for free.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

With the much touted "Kinect 2" on the horizon, expect these "outdated" modules to drop further in price as the year rolls on, one of the main reasons that I'm holding off buying one right now...:-)

[/quote]

This makes no sence what so ever lol

[quote user="Drater77"]

[quote user="Arkham99"]

[/quote]

This makes no sence what so ever lol

[/quote]

It makes perfect sense... Arkham is saying that with Kinect 2 pretty much coming out sometime soon, the original Kinect will continue to drop in price...

Kinect 2 wont release in all likelyhood till the next Xbox, and that isnt happening till 2014 or 2015

For arguments sake, say it (Kinect 2) isn't released until 2014, that'll probably mean a 2013 E3 showcase.  With that just over a year away, you're going to want to get something for the countless "1st Editions" that are currently in circulation before it soon DOES become yesterday's news, that's why we're seeing more and more 'Kinect Bundles' and can expect better deals leading up to this, likely the last, "Christmas Blow-Out"...:-)