4x scope on sniper rifles

Do you get scope glare from the 4x scopes on sniper rifles? I've been using the sniper rifles without scopes on them just to try something different and I like them that way, but I did put a 4x or acog or whatever it is and I was wondering if you got glare off of it. I never really stay still long enough anyway.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

no anything 6x an up get glare

I think they should lower the glare of the scopes. It's a little over the top and is just as bad as a flashlight at long range. I never use anything more than an ACOG on a sniper but even against me, it sticks out snipers like a sore thumb. However, I wonder what it is like on a larger map at crazy distances.

To be fair i've been playing this since Tuesday and i havent really noticed the glare. Only once or twice but usually i'm too busy running around myself. Made me laught the other day as i got killed by an SV-98 with RDS !

I don't like the idea of using RDS, ACOGs and Irons on the sniper rifles. It's way too over-powered. I was playing with another forum regular (he can back me up on this) who was on the other team, right? I used the M110 with ACOG and killed him and 5 of his teammates in less then 15 seconds. I would have killed 2 more but the game locked up and kicked everyone off. I was not prone or crouched. I was moving around like crazy and still killing them. There should be a loss of accuracy or a loss of damage for using any of the under powered scopes or irons. The semi-auto sniper rifle power is TOO DAMN HIGH! lol.

the glare is insane , even indors its like a tactical light! Incidently tactical lights just give me something to shoot at and i can see you coming before you round the corner.........WHY does everyone use them?? anyway that was a tad off topic rant :)

[quote user="Kinectimal"]

I don't like the idea of using RDS, ACOGs and Irons on the sniper rifles. It's way too over-powered. I was playing with another forum regular (he can back me up on this) who was on the other team, right? I used the M110 with ACOG and killed him and 5 of his teammates in less then 15 seconds. I would have killed 2 more but the game locked up and kicked everyone off. I was not prone or crouched. I was moving around like crazy and still killing them. There should be a loss of accuracy or a loss of damage for using any of the under powered scopes or irons. The semi-auto sniper rifle power is TOO DAMN HIGH! lol.

[/quote]

You bring a little niggle to mind, and something that wont even be considered as needing fixing so here it is to stay.

Using the SV-98 i ranked up wondering what i would get for it. Its an ACOG. Wont be needing that as i use a sniper rifle not an assult rilfe so try to progress to another level..... an RDS. Everytime i rank up the Recon kit all i get is unwanted bloody scopes! i think i got a 12 x zoom ballistic scope on the second ranking and i'm thinking what could be better, but all i get are bloody rifle scopes!! Talk about useless unlocks....

I like some of the close up scopes, they can be useful in some environments (12x zoom isnt that great inside the subway!)

As for tac lights its all about how you use it. I turn it off until i know im in a CQB situation and even then i dont let it give me away by shining it into a corner before i turn it! I use it on the shotgun. At long range it just helps people see where you are.

To quote from the horses mouth, following is the description of my next unlock for the SV-98 SNIPER rifle....

"Originally developed for the Canadian Army the M145 is commonly mounted on the M240 and M249 with a 3.4x zoom. A Ballistic reticle helps with longer range engagements."

The M240/M249 are not sniper rifles, so why the feck are they sticking them in as Recon unlocks??? As if i dont already have a shed-load of 3.4/4 x zooms !!!

[quote user="Kinectimal"]

[/quote]

That's what I noticed about the iron sites on the sniper rifles too. That's why I gave it a whirl to see what it did without the scope. I admit I kind of liked it

Why 3.5/3.4 power scopes on light machine guns?

(This is the "in real life" explanation)

They are used for suppresive fire at range.  And just like in real life, they work very well for that purpose.