4g not enough to buy games

I am a newbie and i would like to know:

If i want to buy a downloadable game and my xbox is limited (4g). how does it works?

Can i transfer the download file into a usb key ? Can i download it again in case i want to use the space for antoher game?

What do you suggest without buying a dedicated hard drive.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The 4G in your slim is not really a hard drive at all, it is in fact flash memory. There are certain games that require a physical hard drive be present to use certain features of that game such as Halo and Black Ops for their theater modes.

You can buy the official MS brand 250Gb hard drive online and in some retail shops for less than $100USD. That would be well worth the investment.

Of course if you don't play any games that need a hard drive you could always just download them to the 4Gb and then move them to a USB flash drive. Just make sure the flash drive is an Xbox Compatible one. (I will provide a link below). And yes, you can re-download any of your content from the XBL servers at any time (so long as the Game Developer doesn't pull it from the servers-only affects a very small percentage of items) by going to your Download History under Account Management.

I'm having trouble with my USB storage device(there is a compatibility list here)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes you can use a USB flash drive as long as it is big enough. You also have to note that it has to be a maximum of 16GB and a minimum og 1GB in size.

On the otherhand you won't be able to download or play original Xbox games as they require an actual hard drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.