48hr code problem

So a last week i got a email from xbox live about the mw3 map pack promotions. From that i got a free 48 hr code that i used that same day.It worked fine and i got online with a friend and told him about it, since he already had a online subscription i asked for his code in which he gave to me. So my trail is over and today i decide to use his code....its says i have time on xbox live (success), but when i went online i was told i don't have multiplayer access. Put it in on this website, it worked but i still am unable to play online (wtf). So we're these codes made for saids person accounts only?

I'm also curious to the fact that while in a party my 2 day trail ran out (i was kick out of party chat), but i was still in a multiplayer match on MW2. i finished that game and i still was able to play another match. so i decided to leave the lobby to check..and thats when the xbox told me you need a gold membership to play online...because of that am i unable to get online with this account, or is becaue of the other reason stated (code was made for the original persons account)???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you redeemed the code while the current one was in use you might have to check your memberships on your profile and enable it.

thanks...but the code is working now...for some reason it kicked in 3hrs after i put it in

Whenever you add time on the website instead of the console there is a delay that can last for hours before the console recognizes it. In the future, if you do add time on the website, test your connection on the console and it should speed up the process.