4 rounds...2 kills...

Hi all - please don't laugh but I really, really suck big time at this game. I love the single player having completed both 1 and 2 and playing 3 now (and it looks awesome). I think that the SP Gears 2 is probably one of my best SP experiences ever.

My problem is with the MP. I tried to play Gears 2 online but was so bad and got so much stick from the community I gave up. I don't want that to happen again but I went online last night and the title says it all....I really don't understand what I am doing wrong! I watch others and they get the kills doing what I'm doing...how?! I camp and take cover and ambush people yet they blow me away with one shot......

.....ARGH!!!?!"£$%^

If any other noobs out there want to hook up and be appalling bad with me please send me a FR...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Gears has a high learning curve so just don't give up. Stick to where your teammates are and try to use them as bait or for assistance. Practice practice practice!

Friend request just for the GamerTag...

Gears MP is a whole different animal. It takes ALOT of practice my friend. I was the same way when I first went online with it, and I'm still not that good, but can hold my own most of the time. Just ignore the D bags that trash talk you and try and join up with decent people and you'll get there. The one thing about the Gears world I hate is how mean some of the players an be. Hang in there, and try and find some youtube vids on MP to learn from too.

I know your frustration, I suffered through it for a long time in Gears 1 multi-player.  Gears has one of the most unique MP experience I have ever had, you have to get comfortable playing and put in the time.  Yes it is frustrating but it is worth it in the end.  With Gears 3 you have a lot more options that before to get you more time actually playing in MP, spend time playing either TDM, CTL or KoTH where you have respawns.  Then pick a gun, and stick with it.  Too many continually switch weapons due to frustrations and never really learning one.  All the weapons are good (I don't use hammerburst but I have seen it used to great effect)  If you can get into a casual match do that, there is a lot of help there, I played a round just to see on my wife account and there it is a major difference. Just because you see some one do something don't try to imitate them, this will usual not work for you.  Determine you own play style through playing, dedicate at least 3 hours to MP and you will see a difference and start getting your kill count up.  And above all play with some friends who can communicate, I have played solo and get about 6 to 8 kills in TDM, with my buddies I average 12-15 per TDM and I just my deaths in half.  Hang in there Gears is worth it.

Out of the many shooters out I think Gears has the steepest learning curve of them all. 4 rounds w/2 kills? I assure you I've done or will do worse so you're not alone. You just have to stick to it and learn how the game works.

My best advice to you is remember this is not gears 1 or 2.   The lancer (retro or current) is now a close friend.  Trust me gears is a day to day game.  One day you're unstoppable the next your nothing but stompable

[quote user="Turv3y"]

My best advice to you is remember this is not gears 1 or 2.   The lancer (retro or current) is now a close friend.  Trust me gears is a day to day game.  One day you're unstoppable the next your nothing but stompable

[/quote]

here, here!

Or is it hear, hear!?  

Either way. This FTW.

Trust me dude you will get it, just takes time. I was psyched for Gears 2 but could never do good enough in multiplayer to keep playing it. Now in Gears 3, I feel much more comfortable with the controls and game speed. I think they made it easier in this version. Play quick match tdm, you'll get the hang of it.

Dude, I suck big time, lol.  It's a game that is fun so I don't get frustrated.  Gears MP, as many have stated, has a steep learning curve.  Be patient and play with friends.  Soon you'll learn all the tricks of the trade, lol.

[quote user="Soldier4Hire"]

Dude, I suck big time.

[/quote]

A soldier that won't be finding work anytime soon. o)_(o