3D Confusion

I'm a bit confused here. Does the new 360 Slim support real 3D games, and not just the horrible red / blue glasses? I know Xbox Magazine rated 3D TVs a while back, but they didn't say anything about 3D playability from the 360. I've also seen a couple of games that mentioned 3D in the options, but that's about it.

I don't have a 3D TV, and I doubt I'll ever spend the money on one. I saw a demo at Frye's with the PS3, and I was very disappointed. Everything looked like a View Master image. Definitely not what I want in a game. I'm just curious if the Xbox really does support non-colored glasses 3D.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Are there really devices that still need colored 3D glasses?

Wow I thought this is past since years.

I use the Slim with 3D.

I would tell you to try Halo CE Anniversary 

It looks really cool in 3D. 

It´s like you are holding the Assault rifle in your hands

I'm mad that they even released a 360 that doesn't have HDMI. That's the one I have.....

So I can only play 3D games on my PS3 and PC.

Though my PS3 is a great 3d blu ray player.

[quote user="Psycho Archer"]

I'm a bit confused here. Does the new 360 Slim support real 3D games, and not just the horrible red / blue glasses? I know Xbox Magazine rated 3D TVs a while back, but they didn't say anything about 3D playability from the 360. I've also seen a couple of games that mentioned 3D in the options, but that's about it.

I don't have a 3D TV, and I doubt I'll ever spend the money on one. I saw a demo at Frye's with the PS3, and I was very disappointed. Everything looked like a View Master image. Definitely not what I want in a game. I'm just curious if the Xbox really does support non-colored glasses 3D.

[/quote]

The 360 does support "Non colored" 3d glasses.  In fact I dont think anything uses the blue red glasses anymore. They are all clear.   I use the Sony Active 3d glasses for my Sony Bravia tv. Active glasses (they use batteries) look way better than passive (no batteries).   I have been playing 3d on the 360 and PS3 and some games are incredible..   Killzone 3 looks the best in 3d.  Just an amazing game all around. And even better in 3d.   Gears Of War 3 also looks very very good in 3d.   HaloJolly suggested Halo CE to me in 3d and she was right, thats another beautiful game in 3d.   Movies are mind blowing amazing. Especially The Hobbit, Avatar, and the best looking one I have seen is Finding Nemo in 3d.  wow

Thank you all for the help/ I'll look into a 3D TV when I can.

So one less reason to own a PS3. thanks for the info.

[quote user="Psycho Archer"] I'm just curious if the Xbox really does support non-colored glasses 3D.[/quote]

Yes it does, but only certain games.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games_with_3D_support

^ Yes that is a great point. You MUST have HDMI to play 3d. Otherwise your 3d tv wont recognize a 3d signal from the 360.  I forgot to mention that.

The good news is that you could trade in your current 360 and get anywhere from $60-$100 at Gamestop. Then you could put that toward a slim 360 with an HDMI port.