'Something went wrong...'

Hi. I purchased an Xbox One a week ago as imported from UK to Finland. I set my country to UK and tried to download YouTube. Got an error screen with 'something went wrong' text and a long error code on the lower right corner. Since then I've tried numerous times to purchase free demos or apps, also tried making a French account and switching the console region to france and purchasing apps from there.. Always the error code. I made an Irish account too and that didn't help me a bit. I've tried with or without billing info, with or without my Finnish credit card.. I ALWAYS get that something went wrong screen. Just twice with a huge amount of luck, I managed to get youtube. I was switching regions from UK to France and then signed in to my French account and tried youtube, and it worked. After that, something went wrong. Then I switched it to the UK and got Twitch, and after that just errors. Since then I haven't got anything purchased.. Xbox Support told me it was because my credit card is Finnish and the console region can't be, but I've tried on an Irish account as Irish on my console region without my credit card to purchase Uplay, and I just get error codes. So the only way for me to purchase anything is boxed games, no DLC no demos no apps.. And it seems like it won't change even when the XO launches in Finland. Sucks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 379 Applies to:

I am having the same problem, i transferred my xbox 360 account to my XBone account and when i try to purchase DLC i get this error. I was able to get Twitch and all the apps and game trials, just no purchases. No help from microsoft as yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

same here

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey SUGARCANDY77 and rockygamer12345!

So that we can do our best to provide support, please create your own thread.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.

In the meantime, I recommend verifying that your billing information is correct at commerce.microsoft.com.

Thanks! We will be waiting to hear from you to help get this issue sorted.

Sorry this didn't help.

For me the issue was the region setting on the xbox website was set to us and console au it wouldn't let me purchase because it was sending me to the us xbox store by default.  I logged in on Microsoft xbox live clicked change region and it worked.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there SUGARCANDY77!

Glad to hear that the issue has been sorted! Thanks for posting back letting us know how everything went!

Sorry this didn't help.