343 Should spend less time with Map Packs, and more time on SpOps season 2!

I honestly thought that spartan ops 1 was awesome, but was disapointed that their was not more to the ending of episode 10 trailer. I thought all though that 343 should should be spending more time on spartan ops, than making map packs to, " so say ' make the multiplayer experience more better. Which is all fine, but i think that they have succeeded in that already. But to make an extremely loud impression on the multiplayer category is that they should spend more of their production time on spartan ops season 2, then building more maps.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I thought Spartan Ops was utterly worthless, personally. If they'd just released the weekly cutscenes I reckon they would have been much better off.

It had potential but it wasn't going to be shown this time around. If they bring it back for Halo 5, after they've learned how to do such things properly off other developers and their games, that's cool. A Season 2 similar in any way to Season 1 would have been, in my opinion, an utter waste of time.

Also --just saying-- you can't have 'more better' : ) If you want to use 'bettER', or 'fastER' or so on, you just say that. No need for a 'more' there : )

Thinks for the corrections, and i understand my mistake. But if i wanted a lecture i would have attended a class. The only thing that i thiink that they should do better with is the game play  in the missions. They seem to be all the same in the 1st season.

PLUS: I dont write on this forum to be perfect. Who cares!

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]--just saying--[/quote]

"The only thing that i thiink that they should do better with is the game play  in the missions".

... I don't know if you know how much 'the gameplay in the missions'  entails, but... yeah. I'm sure 343 is grateful you think 'the gameplay' is the only thing wrong with Spartan Ops.

[quote user="sharparrow101"]they should spend more of their production time on spartan ops season 2, then building more maps.[/quote]Who is saying that they are focusing attention more on the multiplayer rather than Spartan Ops?

Bare in mind that it doesn't take the entire studio to develop multiplayer maps.  It's not as if the guys who work on story are going to start working on map packs.  It is entirely possible for 343 to develop map packs and Spartan Ops at the same time, it's not as if they are short on staff.  Also Certain Affinity may have assisted on multiplayer DLC given they developed a fair amount of Halo 4's multiplayer component.   Also I expect the multiplayer maps have been fully developed for a while now, they were all announced ages ago.

Season 2 may be in the works.  But if they release a Season 2, it will be paid DLC most likely.  So it's only worthwhile if enough people are willing to buy it and I think people may be reluctant to pay for it given it's lack replayability.   I think most would agree that the narrative and cutscenes are the best part of it and they are free to watch online.  To conclude, I think it would be best to concentrate their efforts on making Halo 5 spectacular rather than spending time on Spartan Ops.

I truly enjoy Spartan Ops and looked forward to it every Monday.  The rumor is there will be 3 full seasons, 30 episodes, and 150 chapters.  We have completed 1 season, 10 episodes and 50 chapters.   1/3 complete so far.   This is only the beginning. I give it about 3-4 more weeks and we will start Season 2.  

Camaroboy, where did you hear this rumor that there would be 3 seasons? You've said this about 20 times, when the only thing 343 has said about Spartan Ops is that Season 1 was a lot more work than they thought it would be and they were unsure if they would produce another season. Where are you getting your information?

It was announced before Halo 4 even came out. I am sure I am not the first to hear of this. As I said, there will be 3 total seasons. We just finished season 1. 

^ I have never seen a source about it being announced.  Find one.  If it's a just a made up rumour from somebody not involved with 343 Industries then there is no substance to it.

I thought before Halo 4 came out they were saying they weren't sure about more seasons, but that if season 1 goes over well with the people then we would be more likely to see more.. or something like that.