343 is Garbage

You cannot say that you didn't absolutely steal money from your customers with false promises and the lack of support for Master Chief Collection. You cannot curse on 343's forum because I guess Halo isn't an M-rated title designed for adult gamers. I was promised dedicated servers, which MCC currently usually doesn't support and there's a clear host advantage. I was promised a game that would actually work. I was promised a "hardcore" playlist with Halo 2 and 3 in it that included all of my favorite maps that still isn't finished. HCS and H2A are garbage. That game is not Halo 2. There's hardcore bullet magnetism, awful hitboxes, a general feel that doesn't match the original, and awful netcode. When are you going to open your eyes and tell 343 that they need a competitive title for the average Halo fan? The Call of Duty crowd has no interest in Halo because it takes too much skill to play and you actually have to aim. Keep Warzone like it is, minus microtransactions, and change Arena to have no sprint and include Spartan IIs and Elites. It's actually quite simple. Then everyone is appeased and you may be able to be picked up again by MLG and pull the crowds that you used to. Right now Halo is so dead and all that needs to happen is Respawn making a competitive game for it to die forever. I don't want to see that happen. Quit going so easy on 343. You can't ban people like me from the forums for being inflammatory. Look at what Gandhi said on his YouTube channel. In regards to sprint and thruster being used in combination he said, and I quote, "That is *** broken." You need more of that and less passive *** on your side.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

>"...the lack of support for Master Chief Collection."

>"...included all of my favorite maps that still isn't finished."

Which statement do I believe here? As far as I'm concerned, 343i KNOW they dropped the ball big time with MCC and are still doing their damndest to make it right to those who purchased it at launch.

As for your multiplayer qualms, wait until Halo 5. Better yet, post constructive, non swearing feedback on their forums. The fact that Halo is an M rated game or that the internet gives you 'anonymity' does not excuse you from being a decent human being.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

"it takes too much skill to play and you actually have to aim."

Haha what!? Halo doesn't even have ADS, it's just whoever can throw the grenade first half the time...

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

343 Dropped the ball??? At least they owned their mistakes. Guessing Blueberry never played Destiny...Talk about lies and misleading comments.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This post is kind of funny. Especially the "too much skill" part. Lulz.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also.... Gandhi has a YouTube channel!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Anyone actually read that ? I mean really read it from first to last word ?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Halo is dead? No, just no. I was going to say that is the dumbest thing you said in that wall of text but really, all of it is dumb.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Anyone actually read that ? I mean really read it from first to last word ?"

Unfortunately so yeah haha...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"-You cannot say that you didn't absolutely steal money from your customers with false promises and the lack of support for Master Chief Collection"

343i has worked diligently over the last several months to make sure that they fixed The Master Chief Collection, and they have succeeded. In addition, they gave everyone free DLC, and to those who qualified, an updated edition of Halo 3: ODST, plus a free month of Xbox Live Gold. I would say that 343i has performed marvelously despite their errors.

"-You cannot curse on 343's forum because I guess Halo isn't an M-rated title designed for adult gamers."

I think we all secretly acknowledge that Halo is really supposed to be T-rated. It's the mildest M-rated game out there, really.

"-I was promised dedicated servers, which MCC currently usually doesn't support and there's a clear host advantage"

I have experienced lag in only a few games. Most of the time, multiplayer runs very well. I would assume that's the dedicated servers working. How can you tell if there's a host advantage, anyway? Maybe you're just bad at the game.

"-I was promised a game that would actually work."

And 343i has worked very hard to deliver this, and they (finally) have.

"-I was promised a "hardcore" playlist with Halo 2 and 3 in it that included all of my favorite maps that still isn't finished"

Actually, I kind of have to agree with you there. I'm tired of everyone picking Turf in the Halo 2 Classic playlist. I'd like some more varied selection.

"-HCS and H2A are garbage. That game is not Halo 2. There's hardcore bullet magnetism, awful hitboxes, a general feel that doesn't match the original, and awful netcode."

Hahaha. The original Halo 2 had insane bullet magnetism to account for poor hit registration. While I agree that the Battle Rifle in H2A multiplayer has meh hitboxes, I'm fine with the "feel" of the newer version. Not sure about netcode.

"-When are you going to open your eyes and tell 343 that they need a competitive title for the average Halo fan?"

If you want to go play Call of Duty, then go ahead and play it. I'm not sure what you mean by average Halo fan, but generally the words "average" and "competitive" don't go very well together. The Halo 2 Anniversary playlist is extremely competitive.

"-The Call of Duty crowd has no interest in Halo because it takes too much skill to play and you actually have to aim."

Yes.

"-Keep Warzone like it is, minus microtransactions, and change Arena to have no sprint and include Spartan IIs and Elites."

I love Sprint. You can actually get places without worrying so much about an ambush or people overtaking you on your way to a power weapon BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SLOW. Spartans are supposed to be fast. As for playable Elites...

Well, I think it's one of those things that everyone really wants, but doesn't ever use. I agree with you on the microtransactions though.

"-Then everyone is appeased and you may be able to be picked up again by MLG and pull the crowds that you used to."

I'm confident that the competitive changes 343i has made to Halo will be able to pull in MLG, as well as appeal to "your average Halo fan" with Warzone. Only time will tell.

"-Right now Halo is so dead and all that needs to happen is Respawn making a competitive game for it to die forever. I don't want to see that happen."

I don't believe this. What survey have you done to confirm it? Titanfall is so generic that I doubt it could ever challenge Halo in the competitive department.

"-Quit going so easy on 343. You can't ban people like me from the forums for being inflammatory. Look at what Gandhi said on his YouTube channel. In regards to sprint and thruster being used in combination he said, and I quote, "That is *** broken." You need more of that and less passive *** on your side."

Opinions, opinions.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This was a brutal read.  

I disagree vehemently.  Halo is alive and well.  343i has taken the reigns from Bungie and done a fantastic job.  

The competitive MP is fine. It does need some tweaks.  But so does every other MP game.

And as far as the MCC goes, it had significant issues.  Almost unplayable as BF4.  However that was done by a different company.  And 343i owned their mistake and handled it as best as they could.

I love 343i and wish them the best.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 1, 2024 Views 474 Applies to: