.308 AR confirmed?

Watch and stop at the point in the video where the guy catches a mag from a buddy and loads it. The shape and size of the mag is very telling...it is shorter in length and is straight, no curve at the end like a 30 round .223. Kinda cool I've noticed in other threads people wanting a .308 ar varient. Also, just let some of you know that if you watch the ign rewind video one of the guys says that the gun has both a red dot and a acog...that is wrong. The front sight is an eotech and the optic in the back is a 3x multiplier.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Kinectimal"]

I don't understand why EOTech just doesn't make a Holographic/Scope package to begin with. Like, a magnification scope with the advantage of their holographic sights..

[/quote]

Do you mean a package with them together like this? Or do you mean just one scope, because Trijicon's ACOG does that already and a lot better than Eotech would ever do.

Balance>realism, as we all know, but I want this game to have GREAT AUDIO!!!

I don't understand why EOTech just doesn't make a Holographic/Scope package to begin with. Like, a magnification scope with the advantage of their holographic sights..

[quote user="Phony Psycho"]

[quote user="A Foam Football"]

[quote user="Cold Bore USP45"]

SCAR 17 is a .308. 7.62 x 51

[/quote]

As is the AK 47. What blows my mind is getting just a hit marker with the Barrett .50 cal. That thing would blow someone into pieces from 300 yards, let alone point blank!!

[/quote]The AK-47 is 7.62x39, not 7.62x51/.308 like the SCAR-H, FAL, M14, AR-10, ect. The Barrett M82 is chambered in .50 BMG. Standard .50 BMG ammo won't blow someone it pieces, it will just make a big hole. If you were using Raufoss explosive rounds and your enemy was wearing steel plate body armor, then it would make them explode. The reason they would have to be wearing a steel plate is because Raufoss rounds aremeant to detonate when it hits something hard, not soft tissue.

[/quote]

My bad, you're right about the AK. I was exaggerating the .50 cal, I just meant it would definitely be a one hit kill from anywhere near the size of CoD maps.

Just looked up Raufoss rounds, those things look intense, lol.

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

If the caliber of bullets mattered in a game I would care more. They rarely get bullet damage right in the first place.

[/quote]

this is true, as the saying goes..."Balance>Realism"... too much realism can ruin a game(see MoH, where the MP was small, cramped, and spawncamptastic).

if they got anything right  to realism, then they wouldn't have anything balanced... also, 5.56 is obviously more powerful than 7.62...just look at the M16.../sarcasm

[quote user="A Foam Football"]

[/quote]

As is the AK 47. What blows my mind is getting just a hit marker with the Barrett .50 cal. That thing would blow someone into pieces from 300 yards, let alone point blank!!

[/quote]The AK-47 is 7.62x39, not 7.62x51/.308 like the SCAR-H, FAL, M14, AR-10, ect. The Barrett M82 is chambered in .50 BMG. Standard .50 BMG ammo won't blow someone it pieces, it will just make a big hole. If you were using Raufoss explosive rounds and your enemy was wearing steel plate body armor, then it would make them explode. The reason they would have to be wearing a steel plate is because Raufoss rounds aremeant to detonate when it hits something hard, not soft tissue.

It's a videogame,numbnuts,not a 1:1 real life simulator

[/quote]

I had the Eotech holographic sight and Magnifier before. It was pretty cool, but for the price of both put together you are better off with a much higher quality Trijicon ACOG scope.Optimized-scar-h.jpg