30 FPS

Geesh, the 360 is old and busted.   I have seen and played 60 fps and it makes 30 fps suck.  For a non shooter 30 is OK.  But for battlefield 3 is is NOT.   I am afraid, due to wanting to make as much money as possible they squeezed a game into an old and busted 360.  Battlefield 3 will be a great game no doubt, but at 30 fps it might be a show stopper for me getting is for the 360.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

BFBC2 runs at 30fps. The majority of shooters run at 30fps on consoles. I think Cod is the only exception. Don't quote me on that though.

30 FPS is fine, especially if it's a consistent 30 FPS. Would 60 be better? Sure, but running at 30 will not be that drastic of a difference. Noticeable to us more experience gamers with scrutinizing eyes, but definitely manageable.

I've read reports that indicate the human eye cannot discern the difference between 30 and 60 FPS. I've also read that movies in the theater are 30 FPS, not 60. Not sure if it's true as I'm not inclined to spend the necessary time in order to verify it.

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

I've read reports that indicate the human eye cannot discern the difference between 30 and 60 FPS. I've also read that movies in the theater are 30 FPS, not 60. Not sure if it's true as I'm not inclined to spend the necessary time in order to verify it.

[/quote]

The human eye FPS limitations are myths. There is no set hard limit on how many frames per second the human eye can see, but it's well past 60. If there's little movement going on or you're viewing a static situation, then the differences between 30 and 60 FPS will be far less noticeable, if at all. Jump in a game that runs at 30 FPS and one that runs at 60 FPS and just spin around in circles, and you should be able to see a clear difference in the fluidity of motion. As far as movies go, it's motion blur from filming that causes the perception of fluidity of motion.

[/quote]APOC has a Masters in biology, he'd know the answer

Get a gaming rig and experience Battlefield in full 60 fps.

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

[/quote]APOC has a Masters in biology, he'd know the answer

[/quote]its called the flicker fusion frequency and it is indeed 30 fps, thats why movies are shot at 30 fps, so ive no idea what 60 would look like-should look like 2x ff-anybody want to argue that come with your MSBiology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

this article explains some of it better, but it doesnt explain how 60 can not look like 2x, sorry icant link with chrome, and i cant use these forums with any browser but chrome, i know its wiki, but i know a thing or two, and this article fits with what i know-so whos right? maybe everyone, maybe nobody, but this article seems to say our collective knowledge is all correct somehow

It is my opinion that FPS is different when in game vs nature. In nature, your eye has montion blur because of the fixed rate. In gaming it's different, since you do have the option to turn off motion blur.

It could also be maybe because we are vewing it at a "smaller" scale, i.e. the TVs resolution does not match with the human eye resuoltion so we are able to see a much clearer (atleast I) represntation of ~25-40 = 30FPS of ~55-75 = 60FPS

One thing is DEFINATLY for certian, BC2 @ 60FPS deffanilty plays fasters than if I were to lock it in at @ 30 FPS.

Might make a video and put it up, but I don't think my computer will be able to keep up with FRAPS recording, the only problem is that it'll be two different footage examples becasue I want to record it directly from the source and not record one at 60 FPS and then down it to 30 FPS.

[quote user="Housedaclown"]

Get a gaming rig and experience Battlefield in full 60 fps.

[/quote]My friend just built his today for about 800$. I'm thinking about building one but I hear learning to play fps on a PC with experienced players is a total nightmare.
Previously known as Win7Xbox 360