3 Problems, Need help.

Problem 1: Most of the time my Xbox freezes after updating a game, then when I restart the Xbox and load up the game it either freezes or It says disk unreadable. I always have to do a clear system Cache or format hard drive for it to work. Sometimes after i clear the cache and format the HDD it works. Any Fixes?

Problem 2: Sometimes right when I get a game I install it for safety purposes, but when Im done installing it and I boot up the game it says disk is unreadable. Then when I uninstall the game It works. Any Fixes?

Problem 3: Sometimes when I download games or when I download DLC, It says Disk unreadable, Such as Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand. I booted up the game just fine and I go to play the map Gulf OF Oman and it says disk unreadable.  Any Fixes?

So yeah I was wondering if there were any fixes to these problems, because this happens all the time and it gets aggravating when Go to play with friends and I can't. So if you can help me, Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Probably your connection, try changing ISP or get a new Xbox for Christmas.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All of these problems can be fixed if you get a new HDD. If your HDD is messed up, all these problems (and more) can occur.

Sorry this didn't help.

See if you have the same issues when using an external USB Flash Drive as your storage device for both the game(s), DLC and your gamesaves. You can find out more information on using a USB Flash Drive on the Xbox 360 here: http://www.xbox.com/storage

If the issue(s) do not come up then it's possible that your main Harddrive needs to be replaced. 

Either way, you might want to call Xbox Support and request an RMA if you are under warranty. Otherwise you may want to buy a replacement Harddrive, depending on your specific model of Xbox 360 "fat" or "slim". Be sure to back up your gamesaves and other important information before sending the console in and/or replacing it yourself. Harddrives are wiped when you send them in for repaid/replacement and you won't necessarily get the same unit back irregardless.

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

please use an external USB drive to put your games in for now

try using another harddrive as the HDD seems to be broken

Sorry this didn't help.