3 Month Xbox Gold Problem

i bought a code for Xbox gold for a 3 month suscription and went through the menu to redeem it and it was fine, but before I accepted it said I required more information to redeem it, so I filled out my information. I did all that and went to accept it, but the accept and cancel button were greyed out it closed itself. It popped the menu open and showed I was signed out, I signed back in and I didn't have gold so I was curious as to if it went to a different account so I checked each and nothing. I assumed it just didn't go through so I went and put it back in but it said the code was already used, I checked to see if anyone else had the problem and I couldn't find anything, has this happened to anyone else and if so how can I fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sorry to hear you've had problems.  Your gamercard is showing as having Gold on the forums here so it looks as though it went through for you.  If you put the code in on the website then it can take some time to populate your account on the console.

To speed up this process go to Settings>System>Network and run a Connection Test.  This will log your gamertag out.  When you log back it it should show as Gold for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Though most redeemed codes are instant, sadly some can take up to 48 hours to 'appear'.  This does cause some frustration as well as confusion to gamers.

What Onyx says may assist in prompting the system to recognise it quicker.

You can check your status either online or on the Settings Page > Account.  In this section you can scroll right to see your memberships such as Gold.

Cleaning and bumping the system can assist (details below) but generally patience pays off.

1. Remove profile - SETTINGS page (far right from home page), select STORAGE, then find your profile and remove.

2. While in your hard drive under GAMES & APPS look for any red or yellow icons with incomplete or unknown.  Delete them.  (This may include the game you are trying to fix)

3. Clear System Cache - SETTINGS page, select STORAGE and highlight a drive but don't select it.  Press Y and select Clear System Cache.  Agree when asked.

4. Be Patient - turn your console off for a full minute.  This assists in resetting the console.

5. Turn on the console and download your profile - it is the icon next to 'create a profile'.  

Good luck & happy gaming

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.