2005 and 2006 for the Xbox 360

I was looking at my Xbox 360 games collection last night (I have about 40 games) and I realised that besides Condemned: Criminal Origins and Saints Row, I have barely any games released for the Xbox 360 from 2005 and 2006. This inspired me to look around on Amazon for some older Xbox 360 games and I decided to buy three games in used condition: TimeShift, Prey and Perfect Dark Zero (I also bought Haze for the PS3, even though it's from 2008 and supposed to be garbage lol). They cost me about £12 (including Haze), which isn't too bad. It got me thinking about how the really old Xbox 360 games (pre-2007) seem to have been forgotten, it seems, and it's almost as if games released around that time were made for a different Xbox 360, one with a different focus and market, one that focused more on gaming, variation and obscurity in its titles (somewhat). I'm not sure if that made any sense.

Also, has anybody played the 3 titles I mentioned, and if so, are they any good/what are your opinions on them? They seemed like the most interesting titles that I came across on YouTube/Amazon.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Prey was good.  Timeshift sucked(PS3), PDZ sucked.

Perfect Dark Zero I liked. The Multiplayer was weak, don't get me wrong, but the Campaign was a great experience. I appreciated the feel to the weapons/melee/so on and the plot and missions were both enjoyable. Also something to be said for a game that makes missions harder on harder difficulties without just bumping up enemy damage...

I think you'll enjoy it.

Prey I have but haven't played, but I haven't heard much bad about it. It should be good.

If you're interested in older games like this, I must recommend Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and Quake 4. Would recommend both as far as 'games that you should have played' go.

Prey was fun, but at some points your point of view gets flipped upside down.  It lead to some vertigo-esque moments.

I thought Prey and Timeshift were both pretty good. They're also really easy completions. I have Perfect Dark Zero, but I've never played it.

[quote user="Epic Louie"] I have Perfect Dark Zero, but I've never played it.[/quote]

Me too,had it 6 months never played it.

-

Timeshift was good.

Prey was a fun, unique experience.  Note that there are several multiplayer achievements, which may or may not be obtainable at this point.

Perfect Dark Zero was awful in my opinion; perhaps the single biggest letdown of my gaming life.

Test Drive: Unlimited was an AMAZING game from that era.  To this day, its online features and innovations stand out as some of the best to ever grace Xbox Live.

[quote user="Knewrome"]

Note that there are several multiplayer achievements, which may or may not be obtainable at this point.

[/quote]

All of the online achievements for all three games are still obtainable.

"Oblivion" and "Dead Or Alive 4".

Wonderful memories.

GUN is an early Red Dead, I loved it on Xbox and the 360!

Hey OP, If you see either Gun or Bully Scholarship edition? I recomend picking them up. Assassins Creed and Test Drive unlimited? Says allot for the 2nd hand market, a gamers life doesn't have to be based on the latest games.