2 games (Mafia 2/GoW Judgement) won't Download/Install

I previously purchased 2 games:

- Mafia 2

- Gears of War: Judgement

Then I replaced my Hard Drive. Then I tried to download all my previous games.

I have now downloaded over 60 games with NO ISSUES.

But GoW:Judgement and Mafia 2 will not install, both downloads get to 79%, then automatically reset to 0% and start over, doing an infinite loop. My physical location is the same as my account's region. Location and time zone are correct on my XboX.

Could anyone help with this? Technical support has been contacted many times but they just keep asking me to go through the same procedure, that I have done MANY MANY TIMES, then they say try re-downloading it, so while I do it, I obviously close the microsoft-chat-window, losing the agent. Then it just gets to 79% again, and then restarts. But at that point I'm not chatting with the agent anymore. So then, I have to start a new convo, with a new agent, who will ask me to do the same steps over and over again, and it never gets resolved.

I have also posted in the forum aswell about this before, but it never got resolved. It still hasn't.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/27/t/2157809.aspx

I have literally tried everything, these 2 games  still won't download/install. All other games are working fine (over 60 large games)

Please help!

I just did a search of those games.  It seems as though Mafia II is no longer available for download as they've removed it from the services for all regions.

As for Gears, I'm not entirely sure what the issue would be for you as the game does show as available in Hungary.  However, the issue you're experiencing suggests a region problem.

I would suggest contacting phone support again and asking to have it escalated.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, Mafia 2 isn't available for purchase anymore, but I can still download from "Download History"

However, it only get's to 79%, then it restarts. It does indeed sound like a region issue, but it can't be since all my settings on my account & xbox are correct. I have gone through the troubleshooting process about 5 different times, still no solution.

I'm speaking to someone now, but at this point I'm asking to make a formal complaint instead of asking for help regarding the downloads.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Based on your previous thread, it sounds like the same conclusion you came to there. Since the games had been purchased before you migrated your region, they needed to be downloaded before you migrated in order to download properly. What's most likely happening is they are trying to download the version for your previous region, but now that you're in Hungary it sees a mismatch and won't finish the download. The only way to fix that would be to migrate back and redownload it, but you would have to wait another 3 months to migrate back to Hungary.

The migration tool does warn you to make sure your content is downloaded before you migrate because your licenses are not guaranteed to work after the migration. Since it was support who misinformed you before doing a migration, hopefully they can do something, but it's really just down to that at this point.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

FYI even if you migrate now you would.stkll need to be in the original region to redownload it

Region mismatch can happen alot

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 84 Applies to: