2 gamertags in 2 different regions how to Download Maps

I have 2 gamertags, 1 in England and 1 in Germany and I want to download the new Escalation maps.

Here's my problem.

My xbox with both my GT's is in Germany and I am currently in the UK.

I have an xbox console that I can recover my gamertag to and download the maps pack  in the UK but how do I then transfer them to my console in Germany without overwriting all my data? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

So you download using the uk gamertag

However which is your home address uk or Germany

If it's Germany then you have to wait till you move back to Germany because you will always have issues with update while in Germany with the uk content

Please note a uk disk won't work with usk content you need to buy a usk disk

There is no way to download the uk content while in Germany you may fail at 99% which happens alot for invalid regions.

If moving to Germany is temporary then you'll have to bring the game over as a USB drive but you may not be able to update the game

Btw if you want to know why you will have issues updating google Germany and blackops

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply which really (sorry to be blunt) has nothing to do with what I asked.

I am fully aware of the issues surrounding Germany and Black ops and again had no relevance to my post.

FYI, I have already downloaded the first map pack and I have had absolutely no problems playing it in Germany with both my Gamertags and this is with the UK disc downloaded when I was last in the UK.

Refering back to my post I am unclear as to how I can add this to my other console once it has been downloaded to another in the UK so any answers would be appreciatted.

Here's some options I believe I might have;

Copy to a USB stick then copy to the other console, I don't have a USB stick to hand to try this option but I was of the understanding (from support) that map packs cannot be copied.

Licence transfer but I think this won't work due to the region lock once back in Germany.

Transferring the data from the Xbox hard drive using a data transfer cable will delete my hd on the other console so that is not an option.

I know there is the option of setting up a VPN to download it in Germany but I do not want to go this route.

If anyone could confirm the option with the USB stick then that would possibly steer me in the right direction.

Sorry this didn't help.

- playing a dlc is different from downloading a mappack

as long as the dlc was originally on your hd before being connected

- as long as you remain connected to live you can use the content on the usb or the hd

this does mean that the UK account has to be signed in at all times on the german console

the german gamertag cannot use the content but can be signed in as a guest account

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks for that, at present I can sign in either GT and use the first map pack from the German console.

From what you say about being connected to live and using the content of the USB makes sense but can the map pack be copied/moved from HD to USB to another HD?

DLC stuff can, I know but map packs are diferent.

Sorry this didn't help.

yes it can but without a license transfer you cannot use it on the german gamertag

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks again, I shall leave the post open in case anyone else wants to add anything and I will try on my return to see if it works and then try a licence transfer as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

license transfer can only be done once every 120 days

before it was once every 12months lol

Sorry this didn't help.