2 Consoles in same house, DLC problem

At Christmas we purchased 2 Kinect bundles for our 2 consoles.

Using may gamertag on both consoles I download Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja using cards from Kinect 1 to load to console 1 and cards from Kinect 2 to load to console 2 (stupid I know, but I wasn't aware of the gamertag/console work-around for 2 consoles).

Anyway, console 2 show both games as trials for all other users but me. As I had loaded a unique DLC code to get the games they should work for any users on the console, correct?? My account also only show each game as being registered the 1st time (which would have been console 1) although I used unique cards/codes for each console. 

Very frustrated. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Purchase and download items are tied to the account that bought or downloaded them. Therefore that content can only be used by that account. You can't share it across multiple accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

They are tied to both the account and the original console.  You might be able to get support to help you with this if they see you downloaded gunstringer twice with 2 separate code.

Before you call them though try both sets of codes with a different gamertag.  See if one of them still actually works.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mavxrick, my understanding is that DLC is tied to the account/gamertag and the console. Therefore even if I'm not logged in on console 2 but I originally "purchase" it there, it should also be available to anyone that uses that console without me having to be logged in.

Sorry this didn't help.

onyx62is, yeah I guess a call to support may be in order. Unfortunately, the codes were tossed after they were input for post-Christmas cleaning.

Sorry this didn't help.

The account that bought it has to be the one using it, or signed in. Even on the original console. I am 99% sure on this, unless there is some work around trick I don't know about. If anyone knows it will be Xbox Support though so good luck with this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, Mavxrick you don't need to be logged in on the original console in order for others to be able to use that download content.  You do, however, have to be logged in on subsequent consoles if you put the download content on them.  I am 100% sure on this and there is no work around.

@Skeptic - still call support.  If the different codes went through on both consoles they may still be able to help you out even if you don't have the code (don't quote me on that though).  If not, at least you tried.  However, if they can't see both codes and you tossed them I'm afraid you may be out of luck.  Sorry about that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Weird because I have had this issue myself. I had bought the defiant and noble map packs for halo reach on another account and could only ever use them on that account. I ended up having to re-buy them on this account so I could use them. This all took place on the same console. Skeptic please come back and let me know how this turns out, im curious to see if I wasted 1,600 microsoft points now :P

Sorry this didn't help.

It does work.  I found out the hard way when I gave my son my older console and got a new one for myself and downloaded the new content.  

I had to do a license transfer for the new console before others in my family could access the content on the new console.

@Mavxrick - if the old account and DLC was originally on another console that would be the reason you couldn't access the DLC on yours.  A license transfer and then redownload of the content is how it can be made accessable by others.

Sorry this didn't help.