$2 billion bounty? Wtf?

So I'm at a loss here really. This past Sunday, the 8th, I logged in and played some GTA Online. I joined a Free Roam game and I saw a bounty. I figured I'd collect since I was bored and none of my friends were on. I kill the guy after a little while and am happy...until I look up at my screen. I claimed a bounty of over $2 billion for killing the player...what is this? Now I'm concerned here as my Social Club stats show negative with an empty wheel. Obviously I'm not wanting this as it's not right and now I have a big red mark on me for simply killing a player with a bounty. What should I do here? I've sent a message to Rockstar Support and after 4 days they have not responded at all.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey, I also have a bounty that I collected for 100 million, I have just been fixing up cars and giving them to people to get rid of the money after I bought everything I wanted of course. to be honest, money was never an issue on gta before, and now that rockstar wants money, it is bad, but the bounty glitches are not our fault, so if I get dinged for this, I am going to throw a fit.

From what I have heard, there are a bunch of angry modders who use to be regular gamers who lost everything, money and level, and they will not accept the 500 thousand that rockstar gave out, now they are giving millions to people everyday

That's how I feel. We shouldn't be dinged for something we have no control on and I needed someone to clarify this. That's what I've been doing is every 48 minutes I upgrade a car for someone and let them do whatever with it.

thanks for the heads up. I think I wil pass up on collecting bounties until they resolve this...cheeers

Yeah I'd be cautious unless you see the bounty get set on the person. My buddy was playing this morning and a player shared $60 million to him. So modding is slowly rising on GTA Online.

Rockstar should have known this was going to happen, all there games that I have played have gotten modded, and even Microsoft, they think there are so safe, but there are always going to be loop holes to everything, even to the government, and rockstar thought they were going to make money like MS does with the gold subscription, yea, bad move, stick with DLCs

speaking of modding, i was in a lobby last nite and there was a firetruck shooting rockets out the water hose.

wow, that is freakin crazy

man, Ima just stay in my private games. And only invite randoms in the missions lobby.

Damn! You are lucky.