1st screenshot from The Walking Dead the game

Source.  As to be expected, it's dark and gritty.  I'm in no way sold on whether or not it will be worth playing, but it's still early.  Does anyone know anything about Telltale, the people who are making it?  All the games listed on their website seem a bit iffy, with the exception of a Monkey Island game.  I heard good things about that.  The others seem a bit cheesy.  Seems like a jump to a zombie game.

On a non-game related note, I'm super excited for season two to start on AMC.  If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and go buy it right now, ideally on Blu-Ray.  It's worth every penny and then some.  It has a superb crew behind it:

Frank Darabont - Writer/Director/Ex. Producer.   Films include Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile (screenplay).

Gale Ann Hurd - Ex Producer.  Films include Aliens, Terminator 1 & 2, and The Incredible Hulk (producer).

[view:http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/walkingdeadgame.jpg]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Could be interesting, I didn't know there was a walking dead game coming to be honest!

I wonder what they are going to do to make it different from every other zombie game out there.

I never got to see the last episode because my free preview of AMC ran out days before it aired. Made me sad :(

I only hope don't be a XBLA game.

I'm a big fan of the show but I'm not sure how good a game will be. I just hope that it's complete at launch and we don't have to wait a year to continue the story like with the show. Seriously.

Hmmm.. I didn't know there was a TWD game coming out.

I'm honestly, a bit skeptical. It will be hard to make it any different than a simple "Left 4 Dead" rehash... I suppose there is a storyline behind it all (getting to certain areas, meeting up with new crew members, etc)... but that's not really any different.

I dunno... I hope the game does well, because I am a fan of the show.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I wonder what they are going to do to make it different from every other zombie game out there.

[/quote]This is my fear as well.  With the show's tremendous success, a game was inevitable.  You know things are bad when even Capcom is capitalizing on LFD's success.  As everyone may or may not know, Raccoon City is pretty much LFD... RE style.  I'm starting to get sick of all the run and gun zombie shooters.  Hopefully it's an ACTUAL survival horror game.  In the tv show you don't see them running around like Rambo.  They actually fear firing a shot because it draws zombies to them.  The show is about surviving, not killing zombies.  Hopefully they wont make it like RE.  The new RE games aren't really survival horror games, at least not like they were in the past.  Let us hope it's done with a great deal of thought, and not the simple desire to make money.  I'm guessing with all the adventure games they've made they'll switch it up a bit.  I hope...  Nonetheless I'm sure it will be fun and I'm sure I'll buy it, as I'm borderline obsessed with zombies.  I play the LFD and RE games strictly to prepare for the upcoming zombie apocalypse.  Just research people.  There's no fun involved.

Pretty excited to see more about this game. Seem good so far from what i've heard.

I liked the series, but the comics were better.

[quote user="Epic Louie"]

I liked the series, but the comics were better.

[/quote]How so exactly?  Are they the same characters?  Is there anymore insight into the how and/or where the virus started?  Do they explain how much the virus has spread?  Is it already a global pandemic?