1887 Rant

As an avid shotgun user I find that ranking the 1887 up is at such a disadvantage compared to all other weapons.  It has no attachments so you cant get the attachment bonus's to rank the gun up quicker like you can with every other gun.  It would make sense if the level that you unlocked range and damage was cut in half.  This gun is already painful enough to rank up as anyone has used it can feel my pain.  I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions as I continue to slowly rank up my favorite gun in the game.  Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's your favourite, yet you dislike using it?

I'm sorry, but I really have no sympathy. Different weapons take different levels to put together the way you like it and I don't understand not wanting to use it.

Definately never mentioned disliking the weapon....just find it strange that takes the same amount of xp to rank up yet it has not attachments which speed up the ranking process of all primary weapons.  Thanks for the input though..

It gets me with all the shotguns, but I havent tried leveling the 1887 yet.

But I work on completing all the challenges for each weapon. They keep me busy usually up to around 750 kills, then I have 250 to go for the 1000.

With the shotguns however, everything is completed by around 400 kills. That next 600 kills takes forever without any little goals to set along the way.

You said it's painful to use, therefore one would assume you'd dislike using it.

I beleive I said painful to rank up...hence the question that I have asked.  Once again I never mentioned disliking the gun.  I remember now why I never post anything on here anymore....you get such great answers

"This gun is already painful enough to rank up as anyone has used it can feel my pain.  I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions as I continue to slowly rank up my favorite gun in the game.  Thanks".

You did say it was painful to rank up, but that shouldn't be a problem if you like the weapon. Apparently, it's your favourite weapon... I'm not seeing why you have a problem with it. You should ENJOY KILLING PEOPLE WITH YOUR FAVOURITE WEAPON.

Do you have to have unlocks telling you that you're enjoying using a weapon?

________

Regardless, while it isn't my favourite weapon, it is my favourite shotgun and I have no problems ranking it up (I took it to Range, in which case it could hardly be any worse to level). I was frustrated using it because I don't, at the moment, use Shotguns to the same degree of efficiency as I do a Light Machine Gun or Assault Rifle.

Still, the challenges don't determine how enjoyable my preferred weapons are to use, so I'd just keep shooting if I were you.

Just stick with it, if you've unlocked damage before you will know the gun is a beast. If not then you will notice an improvement more than you would on any other shotgun imo. It has the highest damage per pellet I believe, which is a also a plus. The only downside of the gun for me is the small ammo capacity which puts me off using extreme conditioning.

I've found the KSG to be quite fun to use as far as a pump-action goes. I will occasionally get the stupid "2 rounds at point blank" syndrome like with the other shotties, but it seems to be more consistent for the pumps. Once I get bored with that, I'll use the AA-12 for damage and extended mags and have fun with it.

I agree with you, OP. It seems as though the developers were so fearful of recreating the akimbo OP nightmare of the models from MW2 that they went overboard and stripped the weapon down to a novelty. So therefore I agree with you that they should have decreased the amount of weapon XP necessary to max level.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Along those same lines, it's also pretty frustrating to see that there aren't corresponding challenges for every KSR or for every game type, the way there was in Black Ops.

I suggest going back to MW2