18 MONTHS OF ACHIEVEMENTS GONE?

Hi, I set this account up for my son, who had a free 48hr xbox live code and he wanted to play Halo Reach online. He's not online @ his mothers house, so he's been playing Halo, offline for 18 months or so, and as you can imagine his 'offline' char had clocked up quite a substantial amount of achievements, equipments, armours etc.

Well, when I set up an email account for him, we enrolled to xbox live using the free code, and it allocated him a random name ( the one used now), as his 'offline' char name was obviously already taken. He wanted to use his offline char online though, but when we did this, some warning about losing 1000's of points came up, WE thought, that it was just downgrading the char to play online though, which, we thought , was fair enough, but when he went back to his mothers to play offline again, he realised that the original char, and all his stuff had completely disappeared, therefore he has lost 18 months worth of hard gaming rewards just for two days of online play.

Needless to say, he's pretty ***** devastated, and I was just wondering if there was anything that he could do to get it all back.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_topics14_Halo--Reach.aspx Hey try posting this over at the official Halo forums they would be able to answer your questions

This post was created on July 20th and the OP still hasn't popped back online, hence the link to their profile pointing to "gamercard.xbox.com".  Sorry about the kids luck, but it sounds like he overwrote his profile when he created a new one to be on Live.  I don't think there's anything that can be done at this point, other than playing the game and "re"-earning those achievements.

i expirenced this problem once. there is no way to recover the achievements. its a slight glitch in the system. if a console is offline while achievements are earned they do not update online. so when a gamer profile is uploaded onto another console via live the achivements are gone. its a confusing scenerio nonetheless. but keep in mind, any achievements you dont want to lose, you have to connect console that the account is on to live.

cheers

He's a kid..

[quote user="Revive Society"]

He's a kid..

[/quote]How does that answer the question and/or help with the situation?  Damn, they will let anyone become an ambassador nowadays.