£40.00 [$60.00] and no Instruction Manual!

This month I've baught Gears of War 3, Rage: Anarchy Edition, Battlefield 3 and Formula 1 2011...these games came with no instruction manual.

-

This wasn't a problem for Gears of War 3 or Formula 1 because I've been playing these games for years, but when a brand new game to the market like Rage and new to me as a first time player Battlefield comes with no instruction manual first playing is annoying.

-

Was just wondering if this is the same for other people or is it because of who I'm buying from? [play.com and Game]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

BF3 manual comes on the disc. Most can be found online. I do however miss manuals that were worth a read. Most games that do still come with them aren't even worth the paper their printed on.

I like it when games come with manuals that look like someone gave a damn when making it and has good info (backstory, art, color).  Nowadays it seems like only RPGs have manuals like that.  

[quote user="FFFreak1129"]

I like it when games come with manuals that look like someone gave a damn when making it and has good info (backstory, art, color).  Nowadays it seems like only RPGs have manuals like that.  

[/quote]

The Splinter Cell COnviction maual had pretty good info in it. We could always look at it like this, game companies are becoming environmentally aware.

Yeah  I miss the days of informative manuals instead of these like 4 page pamphlets we get now.

I could care less for gaming manuals. I never look at them anyways.

It is a shame as I thought the manuals in the previous Gears of War games were really informative.

Anything to cut down on costs I guess. That and trying to fool people into thinking they are being eco friendly with those cheap @@@ cases. I think all games need a manual. Maybe then, people would actually learn to play the game.

Got to save some trees.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I guess the only trees that are safe are the ones not being used for online pass cards and advertising of other games.

I feel the same way. Ever since I was a kid I've enjoyed looking through the manual to see original art and story info.  I understand printing costs are a big drag and it's good to conserve paper but it feels cheap having a digital manual.