1500 achievement - possible without cheating?

So, I'm stuck at around 1250 points. My win/loss ratio is not that great so, I guess, I can get a couple if more points by improving my ratio. But, 1500 seems impossible. Also, looking at my ranking, 1500 points would mean somewhere in the top 50 or top 100. And those are full of cheaters. So, is this achievement possible without cheating?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Leaderboard achievements are the worst. They create a vicious circle where some start cheating, and then others have to do it too to achieve the required score. (Not that I'm going to do it.)

While there are certainly cheaters at 1500, you don't need to cheat to be one of them. You either need to be better player, or find worse players to play with. 1500 rank on a scale like this means you area very good "master level" player. It is a very hard achievement to get.

My bad. 1500 is a solid score for "club level" play. That is still very good for a casual player.

Also, you need to play at least 30 games for your score to become stable at a higher level.

Also note: the number of cheaters has nothing to do with your rank. Rank is only affected by the people you actually play.

The really suspicious ones have like 82/83 wins and a score of 1500. There's almost no way that you can get that score without cheating, or at least without very carefully choosing opponents. There shouldn't be more than a handful of players with a win rate of 98% in a properly run league. Top players should be required to play each other to maintain rankings at 1500+, and should be forced to accept at least some challenge games with players at 1300+

Although I guess it's still a form of cheating, a lot of people get their rank by boosting with friends.

That's not possible. You would need a friend with rank 1200 who is willing to lose games. Beating someone with low rank only gets a point or two, so you would need hundreds of games .

I just passed 1500 points but my achievement did not register. Has anyone else had this problem?

And 1500 is possible, I have been challenging people on the leaderboard and every win has been giving me 12 points and every loss just deducting 2.

Jackrosoft - make sure you are connected to the internet and reload the game, or reinstall the game and play/finish the a game against an online opponent to see if it will work after registering another game.

Bottom line: 12 pts at a time means a minimum of 42 net wins against much higher ranked players. This is a huge slog.

Words by Post does a much better job of this.