110 hrs in...have yet to do main quest!

I just keep getting distracted! Am I missing agood story here or am I gimping myself!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The main story line is not too bad (at least I liked it), the great thing is that i completed most of the side quests before completing the main quest so the answer is Yes and No for me. the Story is quite engaging, not fantastic but good enough to enjoy, where as there is so much other stuff to do, I think I got to about 150 hours before completing the main quest

Play as you wan too, you wont ruin or ernhance either way (at least I havent noticed anything)

Main story is basically go here, get that.

The story is OK as has been mentioned. Are you gimping yourself by not playing it? I wouldn't necessarily say you are... but I do know that after I finally did finish it I actually wished I had done it sooner because it does net you a pretty cool shout IMO.

[quote user="A Blue Illusion"]

The story is OK as has been mentioned. Are you gimping yourself by not playing it? I wouldn't necessarily say you are... but I do know that after I finally did finish it I actually wished I had done it sooner because it does net you a pretty cool shout IMO.

[/quote]

Unrelenting Force is awesome.  The fully developed UF can blow a giant off his feet.

I got far enough just to get Dragonrend, makes dragon fights soooo easy.

@ Praetorian Unrelenting force is hilarious when you first max it... just to watch the physics. It's an absolute blast to use in an enclosed area with several enemies in front of you.

Although you do get UF as your first shout... I maxed it ASAP and it's worth doing so right away IMO. I really found the shout you get later... from Odahviing to be a lot of fun as well and like I said, worth it (to me) to finish the main storyline.

[quote user="DeadlyByDesign"]

I just keep getting distracted! Am I missing agood story here or am I gimping myself!

[/quote]The main quest is okay.  It's nothing exceptional so you're not missing out on anything plotwise, but you do get some good shouts and items from it

Well, the Main Quest gives you Unrelenting Force and Dragons. It is at least good to start it. there are some pretty cool parts in it though.

[quote user="DeadlyByDesign"]

[/quote]

Its the same thing your doing now but the main story questline will just end the game.

Im 260hrs and finally beat it tonight. This is also my third play though and had shorter games. But its fun going though it with the side quest and guild quest. Just dont do the Civil War quest until after you beat the game. This way....Wait you well find out. So Im saying just have fun with it and enjoy the game.