11 Minutes Of Aliens: Colonial Marines

In this lengthy video of Sega's Aliens: Colonial Marines, Gearbox head Randy Pitchford walks us through some new gameplay for the upcoming game.

There's a lot of things to see, and hear, so get to it. Let me know if you're as impressed with what you see as I was this summer after attending the E3 presentation.

SOURCE

Hope everyone enjoys the footage! Cannot wait to blaze through this with 3 of my buddies! Nothing beats hearing 4 adults screaming like little girls over X-Box Live!

[Basic]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Didn't the nuclear power plant that ran the atmosphere change machine blow up at the end of Aliens.   How can they go back to the place that was blown up.  I mean that explosion was huge then you would still have radiation come out of that thing as nuclear material would be everywhere.

I watched the video and in addition to the story not making sense, that nuke blast only destroyed the plant and they still have electricity.  The problem is it's heavily scripted, I mean what good is the motion tracker if it;s all scripted.  Love the Aliens universe as all Bungie did was steal from Alien, Aliens, The Thing,  Ringworld, and the Bible to make their games.... heck even the guns and dropships are almost identical.   But, it seems like they could have gone much bigger with this title, a real AI based Aliens system instead of scripted events.

Quicker, easier and cheaper to make the enemies a bunch of pre-programed golems rather than create for them something that passes for the ability to think in realtime?

I'm just excited for the 4 player co-op. Aw yeah.

Also, @MAKO MARAUDER: The game takes place before the end of Aliens. The team you play as are there to rescue Ripley and the original crew. I'm guessing it's occurring during the events of the movie.

I can't wait.

First I just want to say "WOW"

& HybridSX182 your team is part of the rescue party sent to find out what happened to the first team but it dose seem to be set after the end of the movie,

I don't know... didn't look too good.

[quote user="MAKO MARAUDER"]

I watched the video and in addition to the story not making sense, that nuke blast only destroyed the plant and they still have electricity.  The problem is it's heavily scripted, I mean what good is the motion tracker if it;s all scripted.  Love the Aliens universe as all Bungie did was steal from Alien, Aliens, The Thing,  Ringworld, and the Bible to make their games.... heck even the guns and dropships are almost identical.   But, it seems like they could have gone much bigger with this title, a real AI based Aliens system instead of scripted events.

[/quote]

it wasn't a nuclear power plant, it was a terraforming atmosphere converter. I am not sure that the blast was nuclear or even radioactive, it was just massive. I think it was powered by fusion rather than fission.

[quote user="DeBLAIN 02"]

First I just want to say "WOW"

& HybridSX182 your team is part of the rescue party sent to find out what happened to the first team but it dose seem to be set after the end of the movie,

[/quote]

I got my info from GTTV from this weeks episode, so maybe Randy Pitchford was wrong or I misheard him. Lol

No Randy Pitchford is right it takes place after aliens. Every article about the game has stated it takes place after aliens. He states in the video it takes place after aliens because the Atmosphere processor is in ruins.

I noticed that the Pulse rifle doesn't seem to have iron sights in the video.