100,000 Drift Points

I know what track to use, any tips on what cars I should try, or which car is the best for this acheevo, thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

HKS Time Attack Evo, bone stock, did the trick for me.  May take a few tries, but it's not that bad once you get a feel for controlling the car.

Also, don't forget...make judicious use of the replay feature.  You want to aim for around 1,000 per corner to put yourself in good shape.  Mess up a turn?  Keep rewinding til you get it right, and carry on to the next one...your points will still continue to accumulate.

So What Track To Use and What Mode To Use? as What Race in Event?

Fujimi Kaido full is by far the best bet.  You might be able to do it on the Nordschleife, but I can't say that I'd recommend it. I don't recall off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure I just went to Free Run or Practice or whatever it's called and did it there.

What is the best way to get the car to start drifting? I never had a problem in NFS games but this requires a little more skill and knowledge due to its more realistic features.

I used the TVR Sagaris on what i think was Funimi Kaido (long lots of corners and uphill most of the way) went fairly slow, and replayed any corners i didnt get a solid drift on.

[quote user="BIGB EC"]

What is the best way to get the car to start drifting? I never had a problem in NFS games but this requires a little more skill and knowledge due to its more realistic features.

[/quote]

Well, I'm far from a drift master, but basically what I did was to not think of it as a race, and throw out the idea of going fast.  Keep the car in like 2nd or 3rd most of the time so that you always have plenty of torque available to rip the wheels free from the pavement when you punch the gas.  I'd pretty much try to come into a corner with a fair bit of speed (though considerably less than if I were actually "racing"), stay as wide as possible, brake normally and start to turn in, then just stab the throttle to get the wheels to break traction.  Then it's all about throttle control and gentle counter-steering to maintain the drift as much as possible.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Shelby Cobra so far seems to be better car for me.