10 things fans must know from the Mass Effect comic and novels

Link Pretty good read most of the points stem directly from the novels with the entry labeled 1 being from one of the comics. If you haven't read any of the novels I HIGHLY suggest you read through this so that possible tie-ins (which in all reality could well be a lot) make sense to ya. oh and found this over at the BSN under the announcements for ME3 here. say thanks to the Evil One.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's funny how BioWare are making such an effort to make ME3 accessible to all comers, yet there is so much "important" info out there not even covered by the first to games.

Makes me wonder how much will actually be referenced in detail in ME3, or if they'll just gloss over most of it.

I do have a question.  How close are the novels & comic books' story compared to the storyline that is in the games?  Or is the videogames' story just an "offshoot" of what is in the novels?  Because if it's relatively close, wouldn't you pretty much know how the story ends?

Because I've reading alot of forums - in here and on the BioWare forums - of what people think might happen here, or what they think will happen there, or what Tali looks like.  I mean, don't the books cover all that and reveal the ending too?

ps. Just read the first thee pages of the link you put on here, Vader.  Very good!  So, how come Kahlee Sanders, Paul Grayson and Gillian have been omitted from the video games thus far if they are extremely important people in the galaxy, especially Sanders?

It's going to be like HALO: Reach all over again with fans going batshit nuts if Bioware decides to alter anything from the novels/comics...

... actually, that could be fun to watch - have at it, Bioware!

Seeing the name Sanders come up, reminded me of James Sanders.  Has this character been radically changed from what's appeared in previous literature?

James Vega (formerly James Sanders) never appeared in the novels/comics, being created specifically for a new viewpoint in ME3. I think some thought there may've been a link between him and Kahlee due to their surnames, but that's pretty much null and void now.

[quote user="KID LOCHEM"]

ps. Just read the first thee pages of the link you put on here, Vader.  Very good!  So, how come Kahlee Sanders, Paul Grayson and Gillian have been omitted from the video games thus far if they are extremely important people in the galaxy, especially Sanders?

[/quote]

Kahlee Sanders hasn't been omitted you've just never been to the Grissom Academy (which is pretty much where she's been since the first game). Gillian isn't in the games because she's eiher be in the Ascension program (on the station that houses Grissom Academy) or with a Quarian scout ship and Hendel (formor Grissom Accademy Head of Security). And infact if you ask Tali why they hate Cerberus so much while on Freedoms Progress she gives a very short synopsis of what they tried to do near the end of Ascension Paul was either getting high on Red Sand and doing trips to give Cerberus' inside man in Ascension certain drugs (during ascension) orlying low on Omega as Paul Johnson (iirc he used Johnson as his alias) during the events after Acensions and during Retribution. I would imagine Sanders will be in ME3 as I don't see a way for her not to be especially with her knowledge of AI.

Good read. After I finish the trilogy dozens of times, I may read the novels :)

I've read the novels/comics available thus far, and they do add information to the games. I for one was curious as to the open hostility between the Quarians and Cerberus at the beginning of ME2, and even doing the N7 mission "Quarian Crash Site" which did answer a bit as to the animosity between them... but it wasn't until after reading the novel "Ascension", that it made sense.

They definitely add depth to the universe.