10 points system and other questions

1: I have read some things about the new class setup system in black ops 2 and wanted to see if anyone knows how this works.  Will you start out with 10 points?  Will it increase as you level up?  Will you get more as you prestige?

2: League play.  I have read some about this new feature and wanted to see if anyone knows if their will be a ffa league?  And will it be a mode you have to purchase via getting elite service?  

3: I see their will be point streak rewards in this installment.  My questions are will regular killstreaks be in bo2?  And will perk streaks make a return?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.  I kind of like the sound of the new system.  I will just have to make a list of all the items I unlock the first go around.  Once I prestige I will unlock the opposite of what I did and see what I like the most.  Then stick to what is good until I hit 10th.  I guess we will no-longer see any no prestigers in this game.  

Gotta play this game through I guess. One con towards BLOPS was that it felt like a grind, not a slow grind but a boring doing the same dam thing grind about four months into the game IMO. Wash rinse repeat when it came to unlocking pro perks and stuff grind. I do hope that BLOPS 2 does not have this same feel to it. I love blops and when I did have my 360 I would always come back to it once or twice a week for a a day or two.

[quote user="Mister Chompski"]

I'm sure you can eventually get everything. They could just make it so that you auto unlock everything once you hit 10/55. Even if that doesn't happen, by then I'm sure we would already know what weapons and attachments we even want to bother with for our remaining time. Just don't bother with those things we know we won't want.

[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sure you can have everything unlocked by 10/55 too. I just think that there is more to this system of theirs.

I'm sure you can eventually get everything. They could just make it so that you auto unlock everything once you hit 10/55. Even if that doesn't happen, by then I'm sure we would already know what weapons and attachments we even want to bother with for our remaining time. Just don't bother with those things we know we won't want.

^^Thats weird if true. Its fun (later on in the games life) to try new and different classes, weapons, perks, etc........ I mean, Ill grind prestiges, unlocking that one weapon I like, those few perks I like and maybe score streaks, then probably not use anything else, until later of course.

[quote user="DOTx SubZero"]

I do plan on going 10 prestiges, but to those who will not, how many prestiges will you have to go in order to unlock all items?  Sorry for all the questions but I'm interested like many others.  

Also about the points system, will you be able to reset your tokens so you can buy other things?  Or in other words when you get to level 55 and you have purchased 55 items, can you reset and purchase other things if you decide to stay at 55?

[/quote]

Go to 24:25

In that podcast, Vahn talks about how they are doing the leveling system. He says that when you prestige, you get to keep 1 item. Since there are over 100 items to unlock, it seems like even people at 10/55 won't be able to have everything unlocked at once.

I think that it would be a shame if that is indeed true. There should be a way for everyone to eventually be able to have everything unlocked.

Also about the way they do league play.  I learned that league play will put you against others your same skill level.  Why can't they do this for regular game modes?  If Im 1sth prestige put me in a lobby with people who have yet to prestige.  If Im 5th prestige put me into a lobby with 4th, 5th and 6th prestiges only and so on.  

I do plan on going 10 prestiges, but to those who will not, how many prestiges will you have to go in order to unlock all items?  Sorry for all the questions but I'm interested like many others.  

Also about the points system, will you be able to reset your tokens so you can buy other things?  Or in other words when you get to level 55 and you have purchased 55 items, can you reset and purchase other things if you decide to stay at 55?

The point system is similar to what was used in FEAR-2.

You had 8 points per class to distribute & every weapon, item, etc., had a point value.

Wanted better body armor?  You had to use a lower cost weapon, and vica-versa.

Each time you level up, you get a "token" to unlock on whatever you want.  Think of it like cod points, but everything costs one point and you only get one every time you level up.  As it stands now, every time you prestige you will be able to carry over a certain number of things so that by the time you get to 10th prestige, you have everything unlocked.  Vahn said they were still working on it so it's balanced as you level up.