0x87e00064 error code with brand new games

I'm receiving this specific error code (0x87e00064) every time I specifically try and install Forza 5 and Ryse.  I get about 50% done and then boom "installation Stopped" pops up and I have to listen to my disk drive freak out. HELP!!!!

I installed Dead Rising and Assassins Creed 4 without a hitch.. So that rules out my drive being the "disk drive of doom".. 

Whats puzzling is that the games are either not made correctly or my xbox just refuses to fully install Forza and Ryse.

Has anyone found a fix? From what I've heard its a possible bad disk. But honestly in all of our years in gaming has anyone really received a disk that wont work and has no visible signs of damage?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2,712 Applies to:

I just had the same problem with COD Ghosts. customer service was ready to warranty the unit when I took a shot and installed the "Blu-Ray" app, installed without a problem after that. hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I managed to somehow get Forza to download the game instead of it installing from a disk. With ryse it's a different story... No such luck getting it to install.

I can't remember when but I did install the blu ray app. Wasn't sure if that fixed the issue with Forza tho.. I'll keep trying to figure this out.

Sorry this didn't help.

What was the name of the Blu Ray app ?

Sorry this didn't help.

yo tengo el mismo problema pero con el disco de call of duty ghost. alguien encontró una solución?

[Translation: I have the same problem but with call of duty ghost disk. did anyone find a solution?]

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, jaidark! This thread is kind of old and for a game different from yours. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing the error code and issue you're running into, as well as troubleshooting steps you've already done. This is how the forums work the best for personalized help!

Sorry this didn't help.