0x87de07d1

Ever since I got the Xbox One I installed 3 disc games all the way to 100% on the Xbox One and every time I try to play it without the game disc in it, it will not work. A message will pop up and I will write what it says.

Do you own this game or app?

If you have a game disc, insert it now. If there is no disc, make sure you are signed in to Xbox Live. If you do not have the rights to play this, you will need to buy it at the Xbox Store. (0x87de07d1)

I am signed in to Xbox Live and I always heard that you can play games once installed without the disc? Why does it always tell me this? I can easily put the game disc in but it would be better if I didnt. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 106 Applies to:
Answer

I know it's a bit late to answer, but others might be looking for an answer as well, so here goes.

You can't play a disc game on the Xbox One without inserting the disc into the Xbox.

It was suppose to have been possible though.

When the Xbox One was presented last year, this was one of the key features of the new next-gen console.

But to make sure that you really owned the game you had installed you had installed, you couldn't play offline for more than 24 hours.

After those 24 hours the Xbox One needed to check with the servers that your game was legit.

This caused a bit of an outrage, because many believed that they should be able to play their purchased games offline for as long as they would.

So after much cursing and swearing over Microsoft from some people in the community, Microsoft decided to change that.

But that also meant that we now have to have the discs inserted when we play our games.

I'm really sad they made this change, because with that they also removed what Microsoft called Family Share that meant you could share your games with up to 10 family members or friends, so they would be able to play your games on their own Xbox One, without owning the game.

So the only way to play games on the Xbox One without the disc, is to simply buy the digital versions directly on the consoles marketplace.

I hope this helped you and others that might need an answer for this issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.