0000 How do you level up past 50?

How are you supposed to level up past 50 when you already did the second play through and all the dlcs as alevel 50?  I been playing with a buddy on his second play through that he just started the other day and he was also a level 50   and now he is already like a level 52  and i barely see any  level on guage at level 50.   I have the season pass and the update.   Like i say i do see a little blue started on the guage.. but that's it.. seems like all the missions he is doing gives him XP  but i dont get that cause it says i already completed ithe missions and no xp will be awarded.. .what the heck good is this level increase if you cant get any xp to raise it?!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

First you have to download the "Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack". Since you have the season pass you can just download it in the downloable content page on the games main menu for free.

-

Then there would be a new selectable playthrough "Ultimate Vault Hunter" that will scale everything to the level of the highest person in the session. You also have the ability to reset the whole playthrough anytime you want.

I already have that ..as i said  see the blue starting to get on my guage so obvioulsy i have it if it shows it kmoving.. ..but i dont see any thingabout  Ultimate Vault Hunter...  unless thats the second play through?... so your  saying i have to litterally start all over again  JUST to get the 11 new ranks?!?! i will never get that second  Turrent for my main commando character if i have to start over from scratch if i have to RESET??????. .. .. Now i am beginning to wish  gearbox would just leave the level cap s it was.. and  leave it at that as the ENDING of the game.. (this game needs to end) instead of giving use  11 new ranks.and only one mode to actually raise it that you cant even access. man who ever codes these games  dont think  ahead before releaseing thier  updates.. and hell we havent even gotten our fourth DLC yet that we already paid ahead for..  if this Ultimate Hunter mode is the fourth DLC   then screw that.. thats ripping us off... they are just money hungry!  I also heard that they are rleeaseing a NEW Hunters Edition of the  game.. for peopel who didnt get the first eidtion with the CHEST. but get this.. it doesnt have the game.. just a chest and like 20 keys?!  YEAHHHHHHHH..(sarcase). for 100$..  Thats being money hungry! Heck i got like 80 keys now that  are basically useless..  cause. all i get is crap out of the chests.. so i stopped going after that chest anymore.

Lol calm down. You did not get any XP because you were on your buddies 2nd playthrough. You have to select UVHM and will start you at the place you first meet Sir Hammerlock. You will then gain XP and be on your merry way :) And what Evil Jeremy means by "reset" is that you can reset the missions over again once you completed all of them, not your character. So your Commando won't be from scratch. Also, this has been confirmed already but this UVHM DLC does not count as the 4th DLC of the Season Pass, that will be released in June.

Ok...  fine... but i do NOT see the  UVHM.. just the TRUE VHM! (which is the considered the second play through)

EDIT...  so wait.. your saying that when i play with someone else.. i dont get XP cause it is someone else game  so playing COOP is pointless? 

Playing co-op is fine but if you completed most of the missions in TVHM and joined your friends game (who is in TVHM) then thats why you get the message "already completed and no XP will be rewarded". You said you see a tiny bit of blue so thats probably coming from the enemies your killing. So to access UVHM, you have to go to the main menu screen, re-select your character and you should be able to select between Normal, TVHM and UVHM.

hey doode...   i tried that cause thats exactly how someone else told me how to do it as well,   but i dont see it..  i only see  normalLand vault hunter mode which i am assuming is the TRUE and the second play through cause thats what is selected ... i dont see any other listed!

You might wanna try clearing your system cache and re-downloading the patch update because UVHM should definitely be an option.

I think it only shows up if you finish the game in TVHM.........you need to finish all missions in TVHM and after you beat the warrior in TVHM it should open up the UVHM.........I believe that is how it goes.

I have the update as well but have not beaten it in THVM so it doesn't show up for me either.

AHHHHHHHHHHH ok that makes sense..  thanx

I stopped playing once I reached level 50. Do you have to play in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode to level up past 50? I wanted to play the DLC and story missions in Vault Hunter mode once the level cap increase happened. I cannot find anywhere online that confirms my question one way or the other.