:((

I've been having the same problem here since the last update and now everytime i join a multiplayer match i get the disc error message, checked the disc and is perfect, bought it in december  and i tried ALL of my games and my xbox reads it perfectly i dunno what else to do, cause infinity ward, activison and others havent give me ANY response.... 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I've been getting the "disk is unreadable" error now and again. I just hit the "A" (ok) button and game plays. Funny how all of sudden this happens, but there is no problem with my disk, either. In the past, if you got that message and you hit the ok button, it sent you back to the dashboard.

It happens because MW3 uses the new discs that spin forever upon loading so anti-pirating measures can scan the disc. Even if the disc is installed to your HDD (like mine) this can be an issue (like mine). I think it is happening more frequently now because of the seemingly constant console updates by M$.

--

Also, I hate to play the wannabe mod, but you might want to be a little more specific with your thread titles in the future. Words that describe your thread will generally get more attention than double-chinned frowning fat guy emoticons will...

make sure your disc is clean

I totally clicked on this thread to read about double-chinned frowning fat guy emoticons.

Try clearing your cache

Over the past couple of years the CoD franchise has had certain problems with some of their disc not being able to read the disc due to the 360's laser eye

I've had this problem with a lot of new games ... Forza 4 comes to mind as being the worst. I'd literally open and close my disc-tray anywhere from 10-20 times until the game would finally read. Usually by the time the game loaded up, I didn't feel like playing it anymore, and that's part of the reason I haven't played it consistently since about December.

Well, that and I don't have a wheel, which I want, but they're way too expensive.

/randomrant

Also, downloading to your console/cleaning your disc/clearing your cache doesn't do anything.

[quote user="OrdealByFire"]

I've had this problem with a lot of new games ... Forza 4 comes to mind as being the worst. I'd literally open and close my disc-tray anywhere from 10-20 times until the game would finally read. Usually by the time the game loaded up, I didn't feel like playing it anymore, and that's part of the reason I haven't played it consistently since about December.

[/quote]

Do you have an older model 360 & not one of the new 360 Slims? I do (Jasper Elite) & I have the same issues -- newer games' discs give me trouble (MW3, ME3, BF3, Something Else 3), but older games don't. It reminds me of when Sony released the PS2 Slim & started using new discs that the older PS2 models couldn't read so people who wanted to play newer games had to buy a new PS2 Slim. Of course, Sony didn't tell anyone this, so everyone just assumed their old PS2 had broken... Yeah, this reminds me of that.

I had that problem with my PS2.

And yeah. I actually have an Arcade model (the oldest one) with a 120GB HDD because my original 360 broke. Or is it 150GB? I forget which one.

P.S. I'm assuming you live in or around Boston -- I'll be going there in a couple weeks and I'm wondering ... what restaurants do you recommend. I planned on just going to MvF and DDD places.