GAME UPDATE AVAILABLE A new mandatory update is available. Please update Microsoft Flight Simulator in the Microsoft Store before launching.

I recently bought Microsoft Flight Simulator. I ran it for a month.

Yesterday I got this POP-UP that exits the game and opens the Microsoft Store. After multiples of searches and update attempts, I was not able to load the mandatory update, as it could not be found.

The POP-UP states: GAME UPDATE AVAILABLE

A new mandatory update is available. Please update Microsoft Flight Simulator in the Microsoft Store before launching.

I need a fix otherwise I'm stuck in limbo until the next update comes out and you fix this error.

I've had MSFS since version 5.0, and never have I been unable to play the game.

I bought the Premium Deluxe version, and from now on, other than the OS, I'm off Microsoft products forever. This is lousy workmanship!

I opened a ticket, and the only advice they gave me was give me a link to a list of phone numbers divided by global areas. I called all numbers, and after going through all the options, the same response was to contact help.microsoft.com.
No wonder there are so many Sim'mers are in limbo.
This is a first for MSFS. I've been a Sim'mer since version 5.0, and was always able to play the game regardless of update.
I've seen one solution ; to uninstall the game and reinstall it. I think it's 15 or so Gigs to have to re-download. Please tell me there's another way!

Answer
Answer
I understand

I'm sorry you've had this experience with this Microsoft product.
Mateus Fontana

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2023 Views 167 Applies to: