YouTube Content ID False Claims

To Whom It May Concern,

The YouTube Content ID system has been providing everyone problems since the day of its inception and while they are trying to protect copyright, it seems it doesn't really protect those who have a legitimate claim to the content. I have a YouTube channel that gets a new content ID match every week and it was starting to get on my nerves so I decided to research the appropriate copyright holders of the games I upload on my channel. Unfortunately, I can't use outside sources on the Internet as a source to appeal on YouTube, but I would be able to if I had something from the appropriate copyright holders. I have never received any content ID matches from 343 Industries or Microsoft Studios but always get them from these few companies: [Merlin] IDOL, Shock Entertainment Pty, [Merlin] Phonofile, Believe Music, WMG,SME, The Orchard Music, [Merlin] Essential Music, Streammer, and INgrooves.

As I said, I did research on a few companies and a lot of the "Google" searches I have done always point me in the direction that most of these companies have no right to the content in the games this company created. I would like to note that I have no problem giving credit where credit it is due as I don't want my channel to get a copyright strike and it is a crime to attempt to steal the work of another company to pass it off as your own. My goal is quite simple, I want to know what companies that Microsoft has allowed copyright to or give me a statement that I can use against the company that illegitimately claims copyright. I understand and am in the process of putting the Microsoft Content Usage Rules in my videos, but the rules defeat the purpose without knowing who Microsoft's affiliates are. Here is what I could use to help with my problem:

1. An official statement from Microsoft that allows me to use their content in my videos and monetize them (in the event of a dispute or DMCA).

2. A list of affiliates that Microsoft uses as third parties to monitor the Content ID system so I can give credit where credit is due.

3. An active intervention in YouTube's Content ID system because there is an innumerable amount of videos claimed by the aforementioned companies in the first paragraph.

If at least one of these can be possible I would be happy. Please help me out because I can't go against these companies without something to successfully counter their claim and if it goes to a DMCA, I would love a statement from Microsoft to help me or if the companies are affiliates or have copyrighted the content as well I would love to give credit where credit is due. I am not a guy who is trying to steal your work or claim it is mine, I just would like to make YouTube videos without getting hammered by false claims and I don't want to be ignorant of this any longer. Any help would be wonderful.

Thank You,

Justis Mencarelli

P.S. Here is a link to the channel in any case you want to see for yourself:[Mod Removed]

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="TWG Monument V2"]I have never received any content ID matches from 343 Industries or Microsoft Studios but always get them from these few companies: [Merlin] IDOL, Shock Entertainment Pty, [Merlin] Phonofile, Believe Music, WMG,SME, The Orchard Music, [Merlin] Essential Music, Streammer, and INgrooves.[/quote]

Having not watched your videos, I can't make any definitive statements.  I can only give possibilities.

It is possible that these companies are making false claims.  Doing a Google search on some of them gives credence to that theory.  Although it may not entirely be the case.  Some of those companies may own, or distribute in-game music or other music in your videos, and they are making claims on behalf of that (again, I haven't watched your videos, so I don't know if this is the case).

Either way, this is something that needs to be taken up with YouTube, not Xbox.  Keep filing counter-claims.  That's all you can really do.

Also, if you do wish to contact Xbox, or Microsoft, these forums are not a very good option.  It is highly unlikely you will get any official response here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for the reply. First, I was referred here by the Xbox Support Team who said that posting on this forum will help out. Anyways, i have tried to get in contact with YouTube, the companies that are claiming the content, but the only true way to get fix this, which is suggested by YouTube, is to contact the main corporation or its affiliates. Also, the content they claim is in-game music which I can assume is covered by Microsoft's Game Usage Rules. If you have any information on how to contact Microsoft or the appropriate company, I would love the info to try to fix my problem. Thanks for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too Am having problems with this, same people (i'm playing Halo MCC campaign) and I've done research  on these people and yeah they do seem to be falsely using copyright claims on youtube

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 361 Applies to: