Your support.

Well instead of gripping to a customer service rep, I choose here. Why would I do that? They do not deserved to be yelled at or emotionly scarred from my verbal abuse.

What I just do not understand is when an account get hacked and migrated you can not get it back. Oh wait yeah "cloud" services. That was your company direction not mine. So I get hacked and reps give invalid reasons. Reasons I can understand in the IT world. However a quick google search discredits them with the current backlog of hacked accounts. Security threat, no none here.

So let me get it right I lose my account basically, my gamertag is gone. So thats all my digital content, downloads, gamerscore; and pretty much everythign else I have tied to that account. So you give me this neat free 30-day code to make a new gamertag. Thanks! Wait what about my other gametime form my other account? I guess it's lost to the other account you can not get back.

Oh not to mention I get your lovely email in what spanish? I don't speak spanish nor do I want to read it. No offense to anyone however that is my personal choice.

So what can be learned from this?

-There has to be a better way to stop migrations like that.

-Don't link your debit card to your account, someone in chile that stole your account will probably use it. ( I mean wtf you should ask for the security to code for each purchase)

-Cloud computing hmmm a drawback here perhaps.

BTW I should be able to change this stupid gamertag name GaucheLlama48 to my old gamertag, Oh wait I lost yet but I can post on the hackers gamertag?

Now what i really need instead of waiting 21 more days added on to the last 21 days you have had is my money back, this dumb gamertag deleted and if I can not use my real gamertag on my xbox it would be nice to know how to delete it and start over with your 30-day code.

I have tried so hard not to just rip someones****, it is really hard to do with this kind of issue. I do think you have a security issue btw microsoft don't blame the consumer.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

BTW grammer police be aware rage= bad spelling ;)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The only people with a security issue is the general community. Click the link below in my signature to find out how to protect yourself and what to look for. I bet you use the same e-mail address and password on other websites/services.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is so entirely wrong.  One example would be www.huffingtonpost.com/.../microsoft-xbox-live-phishing_n_854434.html however a simple google search would also debunk that theory. One could even watch the news. Digital hacking is on the rise and it's a quick buck for them. By putting any users in threat puts the company in threat. Companies get hit all the time. Hitting a company gives you a bigger bang for the buck. However the average joe is just easier to hit. Sorry but it is more then just the general community at risk. With cloud computing that Microsoft has you use the same email and pass to login ALL their services being zune, corporate advertising, windows, hotmail or w/e you wanna name that live ID has. Didn't Major nelson and some others get hacked? Why yes, they did. Thanks for the response but do not be naive and think all users are at fault here.

In case you do not read the news article Ill sum it "users may receive potential phishing attempts via title specific messaging while playing Modern Warfare 2."  while playing I add that thru xbox live service... I can understand email phising but phising thru xbox live pshhhh.

BTW here is a nice video anyone could watch on you tube just search "windows live account makes brandon angry"

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="GaucheLlama48"]

That is so entirely wrong.  One example would be www.huffingtonpost.com/.../microsoft-xbox-live-phishing_n_854434.html however a simple google search would also debunk that theory. One could even watch the news. Digital hacking is on the rise and it's a quick buck for them. By putting any users in threat puts the company in threat. Companies get hit all the time. Hitting a company gives you a bigger bang for the buck. However the average joe is just easier to hit. Sorry but it is more then just the general community at risk. With cloud computing that Microsoft has you use the same email and pass to login ALL their services being zune, corporate advertising, windows, hotmail or w/e you wanna name that live ID has. Didn't Major nelson and some others get hacked? Why yes, they did. Thanks for the response but do not be naive and think all users are at fault here.

In case you do not read the news article Ill sum it "users may receive potential phishing attempts via title specific messaging while playing Modern Warfare 2."  while playing I add that thru xbox live service... I can understand email phising but phising thru xbox live pshhhh.

BTW here is a nice video anyone could watch on you tube just search "windows live account makes brandon angry"

[/quote]

You're misguided. Here, let me break it down for you.

I agree, companies get hit all the time. However Microsoft is on the forefront of today's technology and have made a safe and secure network for their customers. Since XBL's release there has not been a single security risk from their end. Every single person who has been compromised was done so from their end and from their lack of security wether it be network, PC or common sense based. 

And I have complete faith in MS keeping my information safe and secure. Why, you ask? Because I do not use the same e-mail and password for XBL that I use for other websites/services. I use a seperate e-mail and password. Both of which are very secure on my end. 

Yes, Major Nelson was compromised. Do you know how? I didn't think so judging from your comment. So let me tell you. He was at a conference and someone saw him log into his account on his laptop. No hacking involved. 

In reference to the MW2 statement. It was due to the modded lobbies that were advertising to players within the game to go to a website and log in with their XBL information. MS released that warning to help protect their customer base. Of course, they can't force anyone to use common sense so I'm certain many were compromised, not hacked (it is not hacking when you willingly give out your information), all for a bunch unlocks and prestiges. Sad really. 

Again, I recommend you spend a few minutes reading through the link in my signature below. It could mean the difference between a safe and secure account and a compromised account.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree social engineering is a major cause, Major Nelson was social engineering. Even a "safe and secure" company like Microsoft uses white hats to fix loopholes. Are these loop holes given out to the general public? No. It's like that with every company, reason being general panic and bad press. When something like that is released it's due to the range of affected users. You can say they never have but we would never truely know, reason being the scare. However if your company has a security backlog that takes three weeks to process one then it take an additional three weeks to look into there seems to be a problem. Seems there must he hundreds if not thousands affected. Try logging into your account here on live with the wrong password a few times. What security do you get? Nothing, so someone could use a simple script to manipulate passwords until they got the correct ones. Now if i went to my banks website and entered the wrong one 3 times it locks my account, i have to call and verify my info to get it unlocked. Hell even facebook has something for that. Microsoft is not on the forefront.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's the thing though if you have a simple password a script kiddie will get it with few problems. If you have a really good password the script kiddie will be drawing his pension by the time he gets a hold of your password.

Sorry this didn't help.

So according to you if a company/service/website doesn't have a log in limit then they aren't secure? You do realize that many banks have been compromised over the years? And not one log in was compromised, it was due to the bank having its customer information on a laptop that was stolen.

Sorry this didn't help.

Vern your right but look at Michael Calce aka Mafiaboy around 1.2 million in damages, that did not take long with a kiddie script. We know it can happen with a simple script, ex. Blaster worm ;(  It could take a lifetime or you could get lucky and take minutes it really depends on your level and the other users level.

No i did not say that Temhotabot :) you got to see black and white, cause and effect. Would that limit threats if it had a 3 strike password penalty, be honest it's okay ;) ? I think the answer is yes. Black and white man see both sides you can not stick to one and say well no no no. Yes laptops where stolen from BoA and and a few others banks aswell as the VA.

If we want to get technical about it then a all accounts compromised are from social engineering. The black in white of that is there is an account for all users/admins. So it's social engineering. I see your point but there is alot of black and white that can be thrown into it. There is 2 sides to everything it's marketing 101. You put your customers at risk the company is at risk. Microsoft has to eat all that money. It hurts a company and the gen public leans away from it. That's black and white. You are being nice and helping others but understand i'm not here to argue with you. I just did not want to *** and moan to a rep that does not get paid enough.

I am the definition of a casual gamer I do not play with folks on live, I use it for VoD and Netflix. Time to get a Ruko instead :) I have 12 xbox and xbox 360 games.  If I get a new game every 6 months I might play it a few times. I see many excuses on how your account can get hacked and it looks like it get blames on the users more then the operator. There is simple things yes we can do as consumers but there is simple things a company can do to protect us. When I got hacked i knew immediately, I got an email from my bank saying an online transaction occurred. I use BoA to send me notifications on every transactions and get the email on my phone the instant it happens. I called Microsoft  as soon as I got the email. I was actually watching Netflix on my xbox at the time. I got kicked off my xbox, saw my account got moved to Chile! and had a *** fit.

What irks me the most is waiting so long, getting mis-information, even a dumb rep telling me to leave my debit card on the account so they could credit it. yeah buddy I just got charged 100 bucks from someone in Chile lets leave it on there. Like right now this account is suppose to be locked for the investigation. Here I am posting, unless it does not affect it. As a consumer it's frustrating. So sorry to argue with ya man but black and white with no grey areas. For every example someone gives it can most likely be shotdown by another. Perception is different for everyone and it will always be.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would send ya a personal message for thanking you for posting and taking time to indulge me. However I don't have gold it seems. ;(

Sorry this didn't help.