Your payment instrument could not be authorized

We have been on the phone with Xbox 4 times today, just to be told that it's not their issues, to contact our bank and paypal. 

I am extremely disappointed in the customer service we have received tonight. It's one thing to just tell us "I'm not really sure let me look into this for you" and another to point fingers at everyone but yourself. We have contacted our bank and paypal, just to be told that our accounts are in good standing (we already knew that!), that it's an issue on Microsoft's side. 

As a blogger for the electronics community, I will be sure to mention the joke that they call customer support tonight. 

The only suggestion that they had for us was to use Amazon to purchase our code for points. Why should we have to go outside of the actual company to purchase something? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there! Can you clarify what you are trying to do/purchase and what happens? Also, check out our Payment Method (forums.xbox.com/.../19164.aspx), Purchasing (forums.xbox.com/.../32.aspx), and Paypal (forums.xbox.com/.../26156.aspx) guides for more help. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.