Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option.

Grrrr...  

I have read the numerous posts on this and we're encountering the same stupid error message.  We've been trying to buy 800 lousy MS Points and can't because of this Error Mssg, "Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option."  I took off all my payment options and re-added them.  We tried buying the points on the Xbox and my Laptop. 

It's bad enough that we can't move the Xbox Live Account to my son's avatar, but now we have to pay $10 to change his gamer tag and can't figure out how to buy points because the site and the Xbox won't take my money to change it.  

SOS!  

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Empress! Can you please start by checking out your Profile information on https://commerce.microsoft.com and making sure it's all correct. Also, can you ensure that the information on your payment method matches this info? If all that is good, try adding a different payment method (also matching info) and see if you encounter the same issue.

If you cannot add multiple payment methods after checking the info, please contact us and a billing agent will be able to assist you further. Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.